Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you say shill...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dang!, you think he could at least offer free shipping!, or maybe I could just buy some sort of web-site.............hhmmmmmm?

Country
    See mintman2's Items on eBay

Why shill ? With all the bidder info hidden how can you tell ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See MarcStaal18's Items on eBay

The one bidder if you look deeper into things, has bid on 30% of the seller's auctions. That is kind of a red flag in terms of shill bidding if you ask me.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

also at the top of the forum home page, a PSA 7 of the same card finished at $40,000

i highly doubt a graded 5 would go that high
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

The price gives away the shill.

Country

There is absolutely no way to tell if there is shill bidding going on. That's why I started this thread
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=545598. If I were selling that card and someone made a public accusation like this thread does I'd be plenty ticced off and looking for some legal recourse.

I understand there's all kinds of scams and cons out there but it's just plain wrong to out someone as a theif when you have absolutely zero proof.

The one bidder if you look deeper into things, has bid on 30% of the seller's auctions. That is kind of a red flag in terms of shill bidding if you ask me.

He hasn't bid on 30% of this seller's items. 30% of his bids were on this sellers items. That's a rather large distinction. And if ignore his bids (15) on this one item the % goes down to 8%. The only thing you can you tell difinitively is that he's a nibbler.

also at the top of the forum home page, a PSA 7 of the same card finished at $40,000

i highly doubt a graded 5 would go that high

A psa 7 went for 40k and you think a $2,000 bid is out of line for a psa 5 ?

Country

The price gives away the shill.

How ???????? You believe 2k for a psa 5 is out of line ? And even if you think it is, there's at least one other person who would disagree with you, THE OTHER BIDDER besides the alleged shill. Or do you think there's two shills ?

Several years ago I sold a bunch of gold sig cards that went in the $5-20 range. One of them two people evidently wanted REAL badly and ended up selling for $70. If you had seen that auction you'd probably have posted my auction as being shilled too and done incalculable harm to my reputation.

IT'S JUST PLAIN WRONG TO DO THIS without proof !

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See MarcStaal18's Items on eBay

Where are you getting 2,000 from? The bidding is up over a 1.8 million dollars

Country

Where are you getting 2,000 from? The bidding is up over a 1.8 million dollars

Well GOOD GRIEF, that's not shill bidding, that's people being stupid and/or playing games. Or perhaps someone has a grudge against the seller and is just screwing with his auction.

I still stand by my earlier statements. It's NOT shill bidding and you potentially harm the seller by making unfounded statements.

I need to get a new set of eyeballs !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast