Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion Questions??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dhudson3417's Items on eBay

It was directed to me, but here's the answer: We don't. It's faith...that's what the whole idea of religion is based on, whether it's Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, etc.

That's exactly what I think. And if that is so--it's merely faith--do Christians have the right to judge other religions? It's all just faith in the end, right?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

That's exactly what I think. And if that is so--it's merely faith--do Christians have the right to judge other religions? It's all just faith in the end, right?

You're not supposed to judge anyone, that's up to God. Obviously, that's the part of the Bible that most Christians get wrong the most often. We don't have the right to judge other religions, but we are supposed to tell them about God. And despite how some Christians do it and what some people think, you can witness without judgment or condescension. It's up to them if they accept it and that's all between them and God.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think that is the main problem with organized religion. People have claimed God as there's and no one else's. God has no religion but somehow has been claimed by many including Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all which arose from the same area.

Country
    See walt55054life's Items on eBay

This is my question, not an attack: ensberg, how do we know the Bible is the truth?

I think there is proof of the writing unlike any other religious scripture(ie Dead Scrolls and 20,000 known manuscripts document the new test.), thus making it the most reliable document of antiquity. I also recomend
    Know Why You Believe by Paul Little

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am really glad we have people like you in here. Not afraid to talk about God and stand by your beliefs. I am trying to start going to church again and I am thinking about starting to read the Bible regularly.

God Bless You

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think that is the main problem with organized religion. People have claimed God as there's and no one else's. God has no religion but somehow has been claimed by many including Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all which arose from the same area.

Yeah that's something I've thought a lot about too. Like I said before, I don't think any religion has it all right. And how do we know God, Allah, etc aren't all the same entity being interpreted differently? That's why I don't think it's right to criticize someone else's religious beliefs, because they may be the same as yours with a different name. Obviously there are differences in religions, but at the core, they're pretty much the same for the most part. And the differences could just be differences in interpretation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Which is exactly why I don't subscribe to it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Which is exactly why I don't subscribe to it.

Again, I don't think it's fair to write of a Heavenly (Nirvanaly, Enlightened, whatever) concept because humans screw it up...but to each his own.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well the way I see it, God has no religious affiliation therefore I could still believe in a higher power just not in the way that religion wants me to see it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

I don't know about the jealousy thing, I've never thought about that. I've never heard that jealousy was a sin, but coveting is a form of jealousy and is a sin, so I really don't know about that. As far as that quote, though, that's exactly right. Sometimes we have no idea why God does something. But that's ok, he knows....he has more information on the situation and knows how it will turn out, we don't. It's like when you're a kid and your parents do something that you can't understand at all...

I'm not sure what you mean there. Like I said above, I'm not sure on the whole jealousy thing, but what's another example?

Well I say to you, any god that can't give us an explanation we can understand for why we should obey it, is a god that isn't worth obeying. Especially one with a track record like yours'.

Here's some more examples for you.

People not worshiping you? Kill thousands of people.
    People not worshiping you enough? Kill thousands of people.
    People not worshiping you in exactly the right way? Kill thousands of people.
    People not worshiping you at exactly the right time? Kill thousands of people.
    People thinking for themselves? Kill thousands of people.
    People asking you too many questions? Kill thousands of people.
    People wanting evidence of your existence? Kill thousands of people.
    People not giving enough money to the church? Kill thousands of people.
    People having same-sex attractions? Kill the entire planet.
    Game delayed due to rain? Kill thousands of people.
    Dinner cold? Kill thousands of people.
    Bored? Kill thousands of people.
    Just killed thousands of people? Kill thousands of people.

It's just the idea that you can read a book like the Bible and come away with the idea that this god-creature of yours is loving and forgiving makes my head explode. You say the Westboro cult ("god hates fags") aren't real Christians, but they're the ones sticking more to the Bible than you are. For all I know, you've never even read the thing. Millions of Christians obviously never have. So don't try feeding me that line about how your god knows what's best for me better than I know what's best for me. According to its own book all it wants to do is kill me.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast