Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiccups

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

Hiccups

For some reason I've had the hiccups since the middle of August. They're not like constant or anything but every 10-15 minutes theres 2-4 of them. And they get worse after eatng. Its driving me crazy!! Shayne keeps sayin "You need to control them things!" but I cant!!

Any ideas to get rid of them? I've tried everything I know!

Ashley

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Denver Broncos
    See BBcardsRI's Items on eBay

Hiccups are caused by a bunch of different things. If you have had them for months its most likely something constant or common to you.

Because they are caused by different thigns there is no one thing you can do to stop them.

Do you get enough fruit in your diet? Some doctors claim a lack of potassium causes hiccups... bananas are a good source of that. Others say a lack of B vitamins cause them.

~Dave

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See catsncards61's Items on eBay

If you've had them for that long you may want to see a doctor.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

yeah, I'd probably hit up your doctor if you're working on 3+ months.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

My grandma had a doctor appointment yesterday and she asked about it but he didnt seem to be too worried about it. Hm.

Ashley

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

Truth is, though, chronic hiccups can be a sign of stuff a little more serious. You might wanna check with a doctor who will be serious about it and see what he says.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Truth is, though, chronic hiccups can be a sign of stuff a little more serious. You might wanna check with a doctor who will be serious about it and see what he says.

Yep, I'd get checked out - rather be safe than sorry!

Or, you can get scared....BOO! Did that work? ;-)

SCF Rewards
    Country

they happen when you get air in your diaphram which is by your stomach, if it gets real bad punch yourself there. weird but it should work

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Denver Broncos
    See BBcardsRI's Items on eBay

There was a story in the news about one guy who had them for over year... or was it like 5 years or something? I dunno... but it was believed by his doctor to be due to a faulty stomache valve, and he had surgery to fix it.

They seem to be caused by a ton of different things, or rather, doctors don't know WHAT causes them most of the time. I've read a ton of different hypotheses... the potassium thing... the B12 thing... the stomache thing... all from different doctor sources. Couldn't hurt for you to go to your personal/family doc about it if it keeps up.

~Dave

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

There was a story in the news about one guy who had them for over year... or was it like 5 years or something? I dunno... but it was believed by his doctor to be due to a faulty stomache valve, and he had surgery to fix it.

They seem to be caused by a ton of different things, or rather, doctors don't know WHAT causes them most of the time. I've read a ton of different hypotheses... the potassium thing... the B12 thing... the stomache thing... all from different doctor sources. Couldn't hurt for you to go to your personal/family doc about it if it keeps up.

~Dave

I think it was like 10 years. It was crazy, I remember reading about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast