Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kobe or Jordan

SCF Rewards
    See Garmart11's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by SportsChat
    Its a song lol by Queen im listening to Pantheres Card Website

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS(PAUSE) NO TIME FOR LOSERS BECAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS(PAUSE) OF THE WORLD

Yeah, I know it's a Queen song. Just didn't get what the meaning was behind it.

See shadowmonkey24kses's Items on eBay

LOL to you kinda was random huh????

SCF Rewards
    Country

absolutely jordan, by a mile,

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by GarMart
    Forget the mistakes Kobe has made for one minute. If he was still a highly respected figure in the NBA I think this poll would be a little more even. Alot of it is based on bad feelings towards Bryant. Fans do it, players do it, and the media does it. They all don't give credit where it's due. ON THE COURT!

To say Kobe couldn't win championships without Shaq is probably true for the team they had. But come on....Shaq couldn't win championships in L.A.without Kobe either. That's a fact. Also Kobe would never win a scoring title with O'Neal there. He can do it now.

MJ right now was better. As far as a whole career. One on one who knows. Kobe's young a he's a warrioir. He can bring rings back to L.A. If he hits six, then its a hard arguement.

i would have to disagree completly... you say shaq couldnt win championships either.. true.. but we arent comparing shaq and kobe.. is is MJ and Kobe and MJ in his prime could have taken any team to the finals. One on one wouldnt be a question... Kobe would be left finding his jock when MJ got done with him. I would also disagree with your first paragraph... no one wants to play with kobe which will in turn hurt his career. Iverson is in the same boat... no one GOOD wants to play with iverson bedcause you will have trouble finding shots etc... Look at how the lakers are doing this year.. i am not sure but i think they are around 8th place... how are the heat doing? and sure the heat have wade, haslim, eddie jones but kobe still has mihm, butler... a true champion has to carry the team which jordan did EVERY YEAR.
    i voted on this 2 years ago before the whole rape/teammates thing ever came out and still said jordan by a mile

SCF Rewards

I'm one of Kobe's biggest fans but Jordan is better. I have no doubt that Kobe will be a legend in his own right some day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See atomant989's Items on eBay

if u forget all the off court stuff of both players. a true basketball fan would undoubtedly choose jordan.

for some time i absolutely hated jordan. i remembered watching bulls games and i couldn't understand how one player was so good. it was almost unfair how he took over a game.

but now when i watch kobe and his entire game it makes me sick. he brings up the ball and always ends up shooting it only to use his teammates as screens. don't get me wrong he is a very skillful player and to be honest is the only player that today resembles jordan the most. regardlesss of all the titles he has now and the possible titles in the future. he will never be as good until he can control a game the way jordan. did he should never even be considered on the same level.

btw...
    pippen and shaq are both considered a part of the 50 greatest players so they can cancel each other out. (although shaq is a very unique player)

SCF Rewards
    See pt67gst's Items on eBay

Jordan was just the better all around player. He was always able to get his teammates involved. Jordan never had anyone like shaq at his side. And you know if jordan would've never left the nba, without a doubt he definately would've had 7 or 8 rings. Imagine if jordan had Patrick Ewing as a center, they probably would've won like 12 championships. Kobe had shaq and could only manage to 3rings. Look at kobe now, yea he's a great individual player but he's not a team player! They won't even make it to the playoffs this year. When jordan left the nba, scottie pippen even got the bulls to the playoffs with out jordan, and kobe can't even get his team to the playoffs this year. Yea kobe is still young, but he's no jordan.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mangonz312's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by tutall
    are you kidding me? you cant stand jordan yet you would rather choose a guy who runs people out of LA (malone, phil jackson, SHAQ?) Cheats of his wife and expects everything to resume as planned, cant win without shaq in town? please let us all know your logic behind this situation.

well no offense, but jordan didnt always get along with his teamates either, the whole deal with cartwright is one that i remember, and jordan also cheated on his wife, the guy was having an affair with the same woman for years, not just a one night stand like kobe, with that said, i voted for jordan because he is greatest for a reason

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by -mando-
    well no offense, but jordan didnt always get along with his teamates either, the whole deal with cartwright is one that i remember, and jordan also cheated on his wife, the guy was having an affair with the same woman for years, not just a one night stand like kobe, with that said, i voted for jordan because he is greatest for a reason

never said jordan didnt get along with teammates etc.. but people still wanted to play with him. I believe, and this is just my opinion but players respected jordan even when he got on them because what he was doing (to players etc... were to get better..... sure cheating on his wife was the wrong thing to do (obviously) but we take ALL the outside stuff away and look at michael vs kobe i would take MJ ANYDAY...

Quote Originally Posted by atomant989
    btw...
    pippen and shaq are both considered a part of the 50 greatest players so they can cancel each other out. (although shaq is a very unique player)

no... they are the 50 greatest... no one would put pippen in the same class as shaq. look at it this way.. what did pippen do in portland after he left the bulls and what has shaq done in miami without kobe? completely different

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See atomant989's Items on eBay

tutall-
    without a doubt shaq is much more valuable and superior to pippen. i just meant to say that they both had help in winning championships. i remember some guy saying that only 1 of them was a part of the 50 greatest. although neither player can win one without their respective counter part (mj/kobe). it would have been interesting to see if jordan could win one without pippen and if shaq can win one without kobe. although my bet is on mj.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234