Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Grading...

Qckrun

Grading...

When selling cards that are graded.... do people usually want a specific grader? I see PSA is very common, but u need to join there membership, and i dont want to as, i wont be getting many graded. So what would be the next best thing? Beckett? SGC? Global Authentication?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

You don't have to join PSA's club to submit cards. I submit cards there once and a while and I am not a member. Memebers just get a newsletter from them and discounts on grading. The next best thing would depend on what you are grading. SGC's vintage graded cards have been getting great amounts on most of their auctions that I saw. BGS is great for modern cards.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (115) Hobby Insider
    Country
    See hockey_chick_8's Items on eBay

I think they just made it so you have to be part of the club again recently, but I could be mistaken.

Qckrun
    it said on PSA as of Sept 1st 03 u have to be a member to submitt cards... i might be mistaken but i dunno.

Hey Leafchik.... I have alot of Eric Lindros cards and starting lineups if your interested let me know

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

You must be a member to submit to PSA. They charge $99 for a one year membership which entitles you to 6 free submissions, a year subscription to the SMR(price guide) and other assorted things. The 6 free submissions make up for the membership fee alone so it's really not all that bad.

This is exactly what you get for $99

GOLD MEMBERSHIP (1 Year) $99
    Direct Submission Privileges to All PSA Grading Services for One Year
    6 Submissions - 7 Business Day Turnaround Guaranteed $105 Value
    1-Year Subscription to the Sports Market Report (SMR) $49.00 Value
    1 Copy of The Top 200 Sportscards in the Hobby $24.95 Value
    1-Year subscription to the PSA Population Report and SMR Online $39.50 Value
    Monthly Grading Specials
    PSA Bi-Weekly eZine
    Participation in the PSA Set Registry
    Online Submission Status Check
    Participation on the PSA Message Boards *
    Total Package Value $218.45

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Participation on the PSA Message Boards *

Enter C.Universe at your own risk....LOL

Honestly, alot of very good Info. can be found there, but don't dive right in.