Going to the show tomorrow Need Help

Hey all,

I am going to a fairly big show tomorrow near my hometown, at Wright State Nutter Center. I see there having from 50-75 tables.

What I am wondering is I am taking around $100 with me (Low Budget this week) Will I be able to get much? Also whats the % of BV I should look at paying at the show?

Thanks for your inputs!

Billy

Hi Billy,
    Actually with $100 I think you can get a lot if you are prudent with your spending. If you need singles or inserts take a list. A lot of dealers have quarter and 50 cent boxes of singles and you can find a number of cards. A lot of dealers have boxes filled with game used singles and may just put a price of $5 ea. If you are willing to spend the time to look through them all, you can find some decent players. Also look to see if you can get lots. My buddy and I went to a card show last weekend and he was looking a 3 Patch cards from the UD Patch collection (baseball). The dealer wanted $3 each and when he saw my buddy was getting 3 the dealer offered him the whole lot of 14 for $25. He threw in a Vick patch for another $5 as well. Just be patient, take your Becketts with you so you can make sure they are using current prices and don't be afraid to haggle, especially if you are buying more than 1 from them. As for the % of bv, I have seen as low as 15% because they are just trying to dump the cards.

Hope that helps

Mike