Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which RB is will be more profitable to collect?

My friend and I were havign a discussion over which NFL running back would be more profitable to collect this season, Clinton Portis or Jamal Lewis. I said Jamal Lewis because he is already proven and is coming off of a massive season. He said Clinton Portis because of the change of scenery and the new coach.

So please, you input would be appreciated. Please pick one (or any other RB for that matter), and give a reason why.

i would say protis he is younger i think

Wow really a toss-up here: Lewis is only 2 years older than Portis (25 to 23), and both are incredibly explosive, prone to injury, and neither has really shone out under pressure (both faltered during playoffs last year). I would personally say Lewis, as he definitely has more team around him than Portis (now on redskins), also in more of a run-based offense. Man, I was so pissed when Portis left Denver; coolest uniform and one of the best young players; he was awesome. Essentially though, its a toss-up right now on who will perform better this year and the rest of their career, we'll just have to watch and enjoy.

Well put roadviruss. Like you said, I like Lewis better because he will have more opportunities to carry the ball, and I feel his team will perform better.

I don't think either one will be profitable - their cards are already pretty expensive, and I doubt that one season will make them go up that much more (unless they break the single season rushing record by a few hundred yards).

I say Lewis, simply because think about every RB in Denver before Portis.. Davis, Gary, Anderson.. All had similar seasons.. I'd say much credit is taken away from their line.. Now we'll see how Portis does on a new team.. For now, I'm saying Lewis though, he's a monster.. I hope this whole drug thing doesn't destroy his hobby value though.

Originally posted by johnboy999
    I don't think either one will be profitable - their cards are already pretty expensive, and I doubt that one season will make them go up that much more (unless they break the single season rushing record by a few hundred yards).
    As far as that, I agree somewhat.. I think the cards will stay at the same price range, but if they top the single season rushing record, whether it's by 1 yard, or 1000 yards, I guarantee their prices will go up..

Here's the one thing to remember...Jamal Lewis is still facing federal charges due to drugs...so depending on how that turns out will be key...

Regardless, I feel Portis would be the better of the two options to collect...
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 107/271 (39.5%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

Very tought question. At this point I would say Jamal Lewis. He's bigger and stronger and has had an almost MVP season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast