Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03/04 SP Authentic Case Break

Red face 03/04 SP Authentic Case Break

I ripped 10 boxes and another guy ripped 2 (His results are below as well)

Ripped 10 boxes of this stuff...

--Jerseys (#/10)
    Auth. Quads Mavericks Jersey #10/10

Signatures: (All were SP Authentic Signatures) (1:24)
    Ndudi Ebi
    Antonio McDyess
    Carlos Boozer
    Alonzo Mourning
    Maurice Williams
    Peja Stojakovic
    Emanuel Ginobli
    Lamar Odom
    Shane Battier

--Rookies (1:24)
    Carmelo Anthony /500
    Luke Walton /1250
    Marcus Banks /1250
    Jason Kapono /1250
    Jerome Beasley /1250 (Redemption) --yes, redemption. >(
    Brandon Hunter /1250
    Zaza Pachulia /1250
    Travis Outlaw /1250
    Slavko Vranes /1250
    Udonis Haslem /1250
    Brian Cook (SP Limited #/100)

--Rookie FX #/999 (1:85)
    TJ Ford
    Alex Garcia
    Devin Brown
    Marquis Daniels

I made 9 full base sets (1-90) and I am 1-3 cards away from making 2-3 more. I pulled 2 rookies out of one box instead of the usual 1 rookie & 1 signature. The box I got the quad jersey out of also had the advertised 1 rookie and 1 auto as well. (Side note, all rookies are auto'd except rookie f/x cards.)

A lot of scrub signatures, way too much like the sp signature, I think there will be a lot of confusion as to where to look up the cards and which sets the cards really belong to. for example, the rookie exclusives updates... Is it SP GU or SP Auth? My take would be SP GU but what about yours? After my 2nd box I hit Carmelo and that was cool, but a lot of junk after that. The signatures leave a lot to be desired. The dual signature that came out of the case that I was ripping from (I bought 10 boxes another guy bought 2), had Pietrus/Richardson dual auto, those are 1/case (1:288) as well. I also only got 2 SP Limited base cards (#/100) and 1 sp extra limited (#/25) in my 10 boxes. Overall, I was a little disappointed. At least if you're gonna give me a scrub rookie, give me a decent sig and vice versa. But McDyess and Pachulia in the same box? Boozer and Banks.. BLECH. Gotta take the good with the bad though right?

One other thing I thought was interesting, the other 2 boxes had the following. Travis Outlaw RC /1250, Maciej Lampe RC /1250, Dual Sig Pietrus/J. Richardson, and Chauncey Billups sig. Glad I didn't buy the whole case. :) I thought there should have been at least one or two of the update cards / case, but that didn't hold true.

Hope everyone else has better luck than I did.

you got a nice carmello and its auto, that should sell well

I like a lot of the "scrub" Autos. Ill trade GU of Star players for them.

I like these: *** means really like
    Signatures: (All were SP Authentic Signatures) (1:24)
    Ndudi Ebi
    Carlos Boozer***
    Alonzo Mourning***
    Maurice Williams
    Peja Stojakovic***
    Shane Battier*** (collecting all Memphis cards, so I could use any Grizzlies autos!)

I take it the Carmelo is for sale or for a PC? Please let me know maybe I have something to offer for it

Hmm. A lot of interest in that stuff huh? I am doing a show this weekend and today met a guy that offered me the entire contents of his 2 1/2 cases for $800. 26 rookies/autos (He took out Wade, Bron, Melo & Bosh). So I would get all the singles (yay) 26 rookies, Ebi and Ridnour were the highlights, and 29 signatures. I declined. He then offered me the rookies for 375, here is the breakdown of rookies as I remember them.
    Reece Gaines x2
    Mike Sweetney x2
    Luke Ridnour
    Ndudi Ebi
    Udonis Haslem
    Brian Cook
    Kaman x2
    Dahntay Jones
    Troy Bell
    Steve Blake
    Jason Kapono
    Zaza Pachulia
    Maurice Williams
    Brandon Hunter
    Theron Smith
    James Jones

A couple of these must have repeated again, but I forget which ones. That 375 also included the 9 Rookie FX cards he got as well.

Anyone think I'm crazy for turning it down? I am going to put a set together...maybe.

Hey CardBuyer, I would be willing to get rid of the auto's, the only one I'd like to keep is the Ebi. (I live in MN and his stuff sells really well at the shows)

I ripped another box today too, paid $105. Got Patrick Ewing Sig and Ndudi Ebi Auto RC. Another dealer ripped the other box and pulled Udonis Haslem Auto RC and Corey Maggette Sig. Glad I didn't buy that box. :)

By the way, my 10/10 Sp Authentic Quads Jersey (Mavericks) is going on ebay in a few minutes.

I'll post the link later if anyone wants to bid or if anyone just wants to see it.
    I guess I got pretty lucky pulling it, the guy that ripped 30 boxes didn't get one, he did get an SPGU update jersey... bosh I think is who he said, but not sure.

Here's the link to the Quad Jersey Card...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

By the way SportsCardBuyer... I would be interested in selling/trading those cards. I am always looking for Bosh/Melo/Bron GU, High End RC and auto's... Isn't everyone though? :)

Other than that, Ripken, Gwynn, Nolan Ryan, Kobe, Manning, Moss and Tiger are all favorites of mine.

Shoot me an email with an offer or a list of what you might have of the above named players.

-Josh

nice ewing. I heard that it was a short print. I heard he doesnt sign that much or doesnt sign at all. well i just got one box at $110 and this was my break

sp spectaculars
    duncan
    mcgrady
    arenas
    brand

Sp signatures - Chris Bosh

Autographed Rookie Authentics - Carmello Anthony /500

makes up for all the sp signature i opened

NICE BOX! Really nice box... I don't have anything that compared to that. Heck, even the Bosh by itself is nice. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast