Thread: Weird Graded Card

Weird Graded Card

I just bought a so-called Kobe RC refractor 96-97 Bowmans Best Pick. Well, its an insert not an RC. but the baffling thing is that the Grading company (PGA) actually put RC on the case. The card doesn't say RC on it or anythinig. What a mess, huh? Anyone else ever seen this kind of thing?

Well, it is PGA. I never trust any of those companies. If it isn't PSA or BGS I stay away from it. I've been burned on a LOT of PRO graded stuff, and to be honest I haven't been all that impressed with SGC, though I know their reputation has improved. GAI seems to be pretty good now too.

Have you tried contacting the seller to say you are dissatisfied? That would be my first course of action. Also, did you see a pic of the card before you bought it?

I already complained to the seller, but he threatened to leave negative feedback. He was really rather problematic. I decided to go ahead and get the card. It's worth $50 and I got a good price on it, so what the heck...

Then here's what you do. Wait til day 90 and then leave him a neg. That way he can't retaliate. Unless you already left a positive for him. I don't leave positives for anyone until a week or so after. That way you have some protection. This retaliatory feedback is ridiculous. How is he going to threaten you with a neg when you aren't satisfied with what you bought? I would never do that to a buyer of mine, but then again, I've never had someone complain...yet...(knocks on wood)

:)

Well, anyways, good luck and do what you feel comfortable with. If you're happy with it then I guess that's what matters, but if you're not, you should really try to straighten it out. Don't let the threat of a neg discourage you, I've left negs for people that deserved them, people who read your feedback understand and can usually tell who is at fault.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just go ahead and get the card - it's a good one even though it isnt the RC. I willl resell it though, hopefully for a profit.