Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Tim Couch Visits Packers Again :)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7239540

Browns QB Couch visits Packers

NFL.com wire reports

GREEN BAY, Wis. (April 7, 2004) -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Tim Couch would like to play for Green Bay if he gets the chance.

With the Packers shopping for a possible heir to Brett Favre, Couch had permission from the Browns to meet with Packers coaches and staff April 6-7.

The Browns signed former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia this spring.

"I just wanted to come here and see the facilities, meet the coaching staff and get just a quick orientation of the offense," Couch said on the Packers' Web site. "Everything that I wanted to hear and everything that I wanted to see here was covered. ...

"I think this system fits me really well. I've always wanted to run the West Coast system. I always thought it would be a good fit for me, so I'm really looking forward to it if I get a chance to play here."

The Packers and the 26-year-old Couch first would have to come to terms on a new contract and then make a deal with Cleveland.

Packers pro personnel director Reggie McKenzie said the team has an interest in acquiring Couch, but other factors would have to be worked out.

Couch said the chance to start for the Packers could outweigh the negative of serving as a backup for the immediate future.

"I have a lot of experience in the league, but I'm still young. I have time to learn the game, sit back and watch a guy like Brett, and be ready to go when I get my chance," he said. "I'm used to playing and starting. But I think this is a unique situation. This is Brett Favre and he's one of the all-time greats. He's one of my all-time favorite players."

Couch has made 59 starts in his five years in the NFL. He has completed 59.8 percent of his passes (1,025 of 1,714) for 11,131 yards and 64 touchdowns, with 67 interceptions.

"I'm really looking forward to a fresh start," Couch said. "I'm looking for a change of scenery and this is a place I think I can be more successful, be on a better team and do some better things."

Doug Pederson, an unrestricted free agent, has been the Packers' No. 2 quarterback the past two seasons, with 2002 fifth-round draft pick Craig Nall holding the third spot.

The thing that he will have to understand is that he will be behind favre for at least the two years if not longer.. I dont know if he minds playing behind the best current qb in the game

Jay

Jay, From what i have read and from MB talk Couch understands the situation in front of him... I think Brett Favre has had a huge role in Tim Couch's interest in going to the Pack and the Packers decison to go after Tim...Favre likes him and he wants to groom him to take over the franchise when he retires...

Couch is a lot like Favre....Southern,Tough,Strong arm that can make all the throws if the line will give him more than 1 second to throw the ball...lol

One thing you Packer fans will see is that Couch will not quit and will lay it on the line every game he plays for you....

Couch is also a great 4th Quarter QB who has already amassed a big amount of come from behind wins...

"There are also reports that Favre can't bend his thumb at all right now and that has sherman a bit worried with Peterson as backup to Favre....I think thats another reason why they want to get a deal done with Couch...They want someone with game time experience....Have you heard about this"

NOOOOOOOOO!

i do not want tim couch, i dunno why but i do not think he would be a great fit with the team.

huh....

Tim Couch is a team player and Favre and Sherman seem to really like Couch so why would he be a bad fit?

lol, i wont win i saw ur avatar

couch in my mind is too much of a wildcard. i would like to sign him but also give a 1st rd. QB a shot, and i do not no how mcuh couch will like sitting to favre, he never wnats to stop playing.

Originally posted by njdevilsdsz
    lol, i wont win i saw ur avatar

couch in my mind is too much of a wildcard. i would like to sign him but also give a 1st rd. QB a shot, and i do not no how mcuh couch will like sitting to favre, he never wnats to stop playing.
    Rivers draft stock has been rising so he's likely gone by 25. J.P. Losman is as much of a wildcard as Couch is. I'll take my chances with a veteran NFL QB. The important thing is Favre seems to like him. That makes me believe this could be a good thing for my Packers. I've never been a huge Couch fan but I'm beginning to like the idea of him being a Packer.

Originally posted by Warrior
    Rivers draft stock has been rising so he's likely gone by 25. J.P. Losman is as much of a wildcard as Couch is. I'll take my chances with a veteran NFL QB. The important thing is Favre seems to like him. That makes me believe this could be a good thing for my Packers. I've never been a huge Couch fan but I'm beginning to like the idea of him being a Packer.
    Warrior , I think this is perfect for Couch...He has a huge heart and is willing to learn....He has more confidence than any QB i have seen in a long time...He has a fire in him to win like Elway Favre & Montana and he just will not quit....

It is great IMO that he will be able to back up favre because he has never really had a chance to learn from a real Pro QB!!!

Couch was a FB prodigy coming out of High School....Best Player in the Nation and had a scolarship to go play college FB anywhere he wanted - Miami, Florida, Fl State, Ohio St, Penn St Etc....He chose UK (Kentucky) A rinky dink football program that was a total disaster under Bill Currys rein....Now Thats Loyalty

Couch and Hal Mummys Fun and Gun Air Raid offense turned UK's FB Program around because Couch had some protection and Mummy believed in Couch....Couch set many many UK records and some NCAA FB records also while at UK (See my next post)

Couch has never had a a real chance in cleveland because of no O-Line support or Running Game...(Packers have both)
    Butch Davis and Bruce Aries Dink and Duck offense didnt help much to improve Couch either....(Packers run the West Coast Offense!!) :)

Couch will be a good fit and i cant wait to see Couch get some proper coaching and run the West Coast offense....IMO this is the best thing that could happen to Couch....

A little Info about Tim Couch!!

Pro Career (Browns #1 Pick 1999)

Established Browns’ all-time rookie records and led All-NFL rookie quarterbacks in 1999 in completions (223), attempts (399), yards (2,447), TDs (15) and quarterback rating (73.2)…His 223 completions ranked third all-time among NFL rookies, while his 399 attempts ranked seventh and his 2,447 yards and 15 TDs were eighth…Became the ninth rookie quarterback since 1952 and the fifth since 1970 to have 10 touchdown passes and a positive TD/Int ratio (15 TDs/13 Int.).

College Career (Kentucky)

Despite only 24 games as a starter, he shattered Kentucky’s career passing records, completing 795-of-1,184 attempts for 8,835 yards and 74 touchdowns...His 8,160 yards in total offense broke the old Kentucky all-time record of 5,456 yards by Bill Ransdell (1983-86)…Junior year All-America First-Team choice by the Football Writers Association and Walter Camp, earning Second-Team honors from Football News and Associated Press and Third-Team accolades from The Sporting News...Unanimous All-Southeastern Conference First-Team selection...Finished fourth in voting for the Heisman Memorial Trophy…Led the nation with 400 completions (on 553 attempts) while ranking second in pass completion percentage (72.3), yards (4,275) and touchdowns (36)...Ranked fourth in the NCAA Division 1-A with 4,151 yards in total offense...Threw for at least 300 yards and 1 touchdown in every game…His sophomore season named Football News All-America honorable mention...Associated Press All-SEC Second-Team choice...Named Kentucky Sportsman of the Year by the Lexington Herald-Leader... Finalist for the Davey O'Brien Award, given to the nation’s top quarterback...Recipient of the AT&T National Long Distance Award, given for leading the nation in passing yardage...Earned SEC & CNN/SI Player of the Week honors vs. Louisville & Alabama...Completed 363-of-547 passes for 3,884 yards and 37 touchdowns...Led the nation in pass attempts, completions, yardage and completion percentage (66.4%)...Second in touchdown passes to Marshall's Chad Pennington, who surpassed Couch for the national TD title only by playing in a 12th regular-season game... Second in total offense nationally with 341.7 yards per game...Finished ninth in the balloting for the Heisman Memorial Trophy…Played in seven games as a true freshman, starting twice...Completed 32-of-84 passes for 276 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 interception.

Personal Bio

Gatorade Circle of Champions Kentucky Player of the Year, adding USA Today National Offensive Player of the Year, "Mr. Football" in the state of Kentucky and voted the 1995 Kentucky "Sportsman of the Year" in the Lexington Herald-Leader statewide poll of sportswriters and broadcasters at Leslie County (Hyden, Ky.) High...Won the Associated Press Kentucky High School Male Athlete of the Year as a junior and senior...Four-year starter, leading the Eagles to a four-year record of 38-13 and berths in the state Class AAA playoff semifinals his junior and senior years...First-Team All-State his last three seasons and honorable-mention All-State as a freshman...Career totals include 872 completions in 1,372 attempts for 12,104 yards and 133 touchdowns...Set national career records for most pass completions, passing yardage and touchdown passes...Second in pass attempts...The nation's number one quarterback prospect according to several recruiting analysts and publications...Has an exceptionally strong arm and won a summer camp distance contest with a throw of 66 yards...Also played defensive back on occasion...Named the Most Valuable Player while helping lead his team to a 10-0 win in the 1996 Kentucky-Tennessee All-Star Game...Completed 19-of-33 passes for 224 yards and 1 touchdown in the all-star game and also punted for a 45.7 avg....Played on the varsity basketball team since the seventh grade and led the state of Kentucky in scoring as a junior, notching 36 points per game...Top scoring games included 60 and 59 points...Set numerous school records for scoring and three-point shooting…Participated in the DARE program at Leslie County, and made speaking appearances at junior high and elementary schools on the danger of substance abuse...Guest speaker for two youth football leagues (1996-97)...Celebrity guest on the 1997 Children's Miracle Network television show, helping raise approximately $600,000 for the UK Children's Hospital…Majored in general studies...Brother, Greg, was a quarterback at Eastern Kentucky (1994-96)...Son of Elbert and Janice Couch...Born Timothy Scott Couch on July 31, 1977 in Hyden, Ky…Tim has demonstrated his support and community efforts to abused and neglected children in the Greater Cleveland area through the Providence House and The Cleveland Browns Foundation.

good QB, but i would like Losman. dad sasy he likes him too, and the only thing he ever messed up on was saying that warren sapp will get reprimanded by the league for clifton

shoulda hapended. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast