Poll: Who do you think it shouldve been?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lebron=ROY

Lebron=ROY

I heard on ESPNEWS that Steven A. Smith confirmed that Lebron was going to be rookie of the year and it will be announced on Tuesday.

None of those, it should be Luke Walton, lol jk. Seriously I think it should be Wade. Look at where his team is now. Last year they were basically dead in the water!

Yeah but Lebron is out of high school and the Cavs were worse than the Heat last year and the Cavs had an 18 game win improvement. PLUS, Lebron is only the THIRD rookie ever to average 20 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists. Do you know who the other two are?!?!? MJ and Oscar Robertson! That right there should make him ROY.

Luke

Here's a little comparison: Lebron averages about four more points per game the Wade. But heres the big thing. Wade shoots about 47% while Lebron is about 41%. The only reason Lebron scores more is because he shoots more. Lebron also plays 5 more minutes per game than Wade does. Don't forget Wade was injured a few games also. That brought down his stats because he wasn't 100% when he came back and only played a little in a few of the games. Then you touched on the record. Last year the Heat were 25-57. This year they are 42-40. This is a 17 game improvment, but they are in the playoffs. Can you say that about Lebron?

Lebron was also injured and he averages about 6 assists and he isn't even a point guard. Also you just proved why lebrons % is down and thats because he shoots more and it is still good considering he took 1,492 shots compared to Wades 798 shots.

Luke

All along, I said that Carmelo should be ROY - he plays in the tougher West Division (hell, in the East, you can be 10 games UNDER 0.500 and still be in the playoffs; whereas in the West, if you are 1 game over 0.500, you're out of the playoffs).

but, after the Scottie Pippen-like spat he had with his coach and refused to play in the last seconds of a ball game, I've changed my mind and agree with Lebron being ROY.

I like a tie. LeBron was better than almost everyone thought he would be, so was Carmelo. Both teams improved vastly, denver made the playoffs, cleveland didn't. LeBron did play point gurd a bunch early in the year, and handled the ball a lot even after the Cavs out McGiness in at the point. Wade is a very good player, but a little below the top 2. The deal is though, we all know the NBA sent the ROY trophy out for engraving before the season even started. King James is the New Jordan. That was a done deal before training camp started.

Originally posted by sportscollector03
    Also you just proved why lebrons % is down and thats because he shoots more and it is still good considering he took 1,492 shots compared to Wades 798 shots.

That doesn't help you at all. If Wade took as many shots that means he'd score more.

minew_m THANK YOU for finally showing every body why wade deserves to get roy
    FIRST wade didn't have hipe
    SECOND wade is 6ft4 dunks better and stronger over big men
    THIRD wade was smart he went to college to get better so there
    Last edited by stalking_WOLF_21; 04-18-2004 at 11:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast