Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: trading legitamacy

SCF Rewards

Question trading legitamacy

hello all
    i have been checking out the site as i am a new member and am excited to see all the trade/deal talks that go on

i just wanted to ask about the legality/protection/etc. of trading/dealing via SCF

i notice there are feedback ratings but wasn't sure how that compared to ebay for example

and as far as trading, does each party send their card(s) at the same time, or does the "junior" site member in the transaction send first etc.?

just wanted to ask if anyone could fill me in on the specifics!

SCF Rewards
    Country

From now on if you have any questions just ask in the Chit Chat forum because this is only for trading and people don't like it when their trade posts get bumped down.

As far as legality like most trading card sites you do everything at your own risk. We don't have any insurance to help protect you so you have to work that out.

We provide feedback of people and will help if a trade goes bad but you can never make somebody send something unless you forcefully go to their house and take the cards.

We don't require new people to send first but that's how you'll find most people would like to deal. We all were new and had to send first but you might find somebody who won't care.

I personally do not like having anybody send at the same time because its the same thing as you sending first if the guy never sends.

I always have somebody send first either me or them and once they get the cards and are happy then I send out my cards.

If it sounds fishy stay away from the deal just to protect yourself. Its better to be safe than sorry.

If you need any assistance or want a "background" check on anybody before you trade just let a mod or advisor know first.

If you make a trade make it in the ongoing trades and have each person confirm it. This makes it the "legal contract" that we can use to determine who did what wrong if something bad happens.

And I don't know how new you are to trading (like if you have bought from eBay or traded at other places) but I left out common knowledge stuff like don't send the card before you get paid, tell somebody ASAP if a trade goes bad, always keep receipts, etc.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards

just what i was looking for
    thanks a bunch!

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey nikoli.. Speaking from a traders perspective let me just say first off welcome to the site. I am one of those people that usually want the newbies to send first in MOST cases.. If its a lower end trade i will most likely try and work it out in which a get a working delivery conformation number or ill even priority mail if the person sends first. It all depends on the volume of your first few trades and who they are with.

enjoy your time here its a great site

Jay

SCF Rewards

thanks prophet
    i got the feel for how things work after the couple replies here - appreciate that

also proph, i see ur from WI - and a badger fan - just had to say i'm originally from WI as well, and an avid Favre collector

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 22dpo22's Items on eBay

nikoli - hope you enjoy SCF , there are a bunch of cool guys(and girls) that are honest and fair traders....so who ya lookin for? I have a list posted, check it out.... happy trading , Dan

SCF Rewards

thanks dpono
    i am looking to trade for some favre items

initially i'd like to trade basic base cards for base cards
    (like 10-20 $2-5 cards for the same in favre cards)
    something to that extent for now

although, i do have one card in particular that i am curious to see what offers it draws -
    it is 2002 playoff prestige "banner season ink" auto of Gayle Sayers #/25

thanks for the reply
    nick

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

welcome to the site .

SCF Rewards
    Country

Favres are definetly a hot commodiite around here, so i switched to badger cards.. ron daynes the man

thanks
    Jay