Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

Stl_Cardinals_Fan-(Darryl Kile)

I'd like to welcome another member to the HOF. Daniel has built an impressive collection of a player who was taken from the game, and life, much too early.

Please take the time to check out his collection, and welcome him to the club

Here are his collection stats:

A text link of my collection can be viewed here

http://www.freewebs.com/rpbluesman/d...collection.htm

As can be seen from the list, I currently have 242/555 of his total cards for a percentage of 43.6%

Of those, about 20 (not sure of exact #, I can get that if needed) are Serial #"d (I didn't include the Serial # on some of the cards in the list), One of the cards is a GU (only two types of GU in existence, the other is a low #'d parallel of the card I have), and a few are even SPs I believe. I also have 8 (possibly 9) Cards that Beckett doesn't list (or so I can tell), including an unlisted Printing Plate and an in-person-obtained autograph on one of the unlisted cards.

I also have a Colorado Rockies certified Game-Used Batting Helmet of Mr. Kile as well.

A couple things I'd like to mention:

It is very hard to collect stuff of his even though he's deceased, he's not a mainstream player, and consequently most people don't sell a lot of his stuff.

Along those same lines, when his stuff does come up for sale, a member on eBay gets into a bidding war with me (he claims to be collecting one of every card of Darryl Kile to give to Kile's children). And since I'm an unemployed and unpaid teenager, I have no funds with which to win the bidding war.

The majority of his stuff is base/parallels and I just wanted to point out that he has no Certs (autographs) and only two different types of Game-Used Cards (I have one of them) in circulation.

Why do I collect Kile? I can't actually pinpoint one specific reason. I've just always admired Kile for the fantastic pitcher that he was and when he tragically died I was really upset. He was a fantastic person and a fantastic ball player. I really want to collect his cards more or less as a tribute to the person/player that he was.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

Congrats on receiving this honor!

Darin

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Congrats on the award! He must be a hard one to find!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mattdile3's Items on eBay

Congratulations on this honor. Best of luck with continuing your collection of him in the future!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fzsfan00's Items on eBay

I remember the day Kile died, just made me sick to my stomach and i admit i shedded a few tears.. He was such a tremendous person and always helped out in the community. Keep up that nice collection.

Blog Entries
    Country

Congratulations on becoming a supercolloctor! Really good collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @DicksFunny See sam7ksg7's Items on eBay Instagram:

you are fighting an uphill battle it sounds like.. keep you head up and just keep digging... being a supercollector is a lifelong chase in most cases when your on a budget. do you use sites like sportslots, checkoutmycards as well as Ebay?

Blog Entries
    Country

Nice collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr-baseballman's Items on eBay

Hey friend, it looks like your Kile collection has done some growing since we last spoke, many congrats to you.

Peace...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See lzjp16's Items on eBay

must be hard to find his cards

congrats on the honor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast