Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Cincinnati Reds Nashville Predators
    Twitter: @treasure_hq See TreasureHQ's Items on eBay

I see what you're saying about refractors but I also see why they do it. It's an easy way to make a little different card and advertise them as something more special. It doesn't seem like it should be a big deal but as someone said earlier, I still like knowing I own something that there are only a handful of instead of thousands of.

Country

I had to try...I've always loved refractors, the more colors the better. Some of it is branding because I refuse to collect "refractor like" UD stuff and stadium club chrome to me has never counted.

I don't like refractors but they do worth more so it's not like I'll just give them away for free.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hitman73's Items on eBay

Another type of card that people go ga-ga over that I don't understand are cut autographs. I can understand the idea of people wanting autographs of Babe Ruth,Ty Cobb and Lou Gehrig. What I don't understand are people paying upwards of $100 for cut autographs of Warren Spahn and Enos Slaughter when these players have certified autographs made when they were alive in the $25-40 BV range.
    Hidden Content

Use the drop-down menu on the top right for tradepages

Blog Entries
    Country

Another type of card that people go ga-ga over that I don't understand are cut autographs. I can understand the idea of people wanting autographs of Babe Ruth,Ty Cobb and Lou Gehrig. What I don't understand are people paying upwards of $100 for cut autographs of Warren Spahn and Enos Slaughter when these players have certified autographs made when they were alive in the $25-40 BV range.

Yeah. I only think cut autographs should be used for dead players.

Country
    See aw00d05's Items on eBay

I see what you're saying about refractors but I also see why they do it. It's an easy way to make a little different card and advertise them as something more special. It doesn't seem like it should be a big deal but as someone said earlier, I still like knowing I own something that there are only a handful of instead of thousands of.

that's exactly why the orange/gold/super's are worth more, people like knowing that they own the only one or one of very few cards.

Country

Yeah. I only think cut autographs should be used for dead players.

i think most of them are, or of players who have difficulty signing now or back in the 90's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jprt80's Items on eBay

spx. If I get a G/U I don't want an empty die-cut hole. It drives me crazy. If it's a single, double or triple cool, but don't make the cuts for all triples and put some itsy bitsy swatch in 1 hole.

Blog Entries
    Country

i think most of them are, or of players who have difficulty signing now or back in the 90's.

I saw a Barck Obama cut auto. Makes no sense for it to be a cut auto Topps should just get him to sign one of those silver stickers or whatever.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See atlbravesfan4life's Items on eBay

The cut thing has bugged me forever as well. I used to collect Warren Spahn and I was amazed at how his cut autos sold for more than hard signed cards made when he was alive? HUH? lol

I am also partial to Topps Chrome Refractors over Refractors from any other set even Finest(yes Finest was first but Topps Chrome is refractors to me). All the UD imitation sets and even the stuff topps puts out are never the same to me.

Country

The cut thing has bugged me forever as well. I used to collect Warren Spahn and I was amazed at how his cut autos sold for more than hard signed cards made when he was alive? HUH? lol

I am also partial to Topps Chrome Refractors over Refractors from any other set even Finest(yes Finest was first but Topps Chrome is refractors to me). All the UD imitation sets and even the stuff topps puts out are never the same to me.

yeah i only like refractors from topps/bowman chrome the rest are ugly and not original to me.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast