Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titan102390

villanova suspending players?

is it right for Villanova's head coach Jay Wright to suspend 7 players because they made calls on the schools line so it cost the school money, i mean this is the biggest time of the year and these players are being separated from the sport they love because they made some phone calls give me a break i mean they made a mistake?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Well, put it this way. What the players did was technically a fellony and they are lucky the school is not pressing charges. Also, if it isn't for Nova suspending it's own players, tougher sanctions could come down from the NCAA. They should be happy that they're still going to be able to play in the Big East Tourny.

SCF Rewards
    See nyyanks_212's Items on eBay

its sad when u get in trouble for calling your mommy

ROFL (thats for you Iggy)

SCF Rewards
    Country

that's why the players should be allowed to work or at least get paid and people wonder why they want to break the bank when they get to NBA,NFL,MLBA or what ever they are tired of being taking advantage of. In highschool they pack the stadium who collects the gate the school and the state. In college esp football they have double the seats of a NFL team and who gets the loot the school's and the state, come and they can't even work. WOW, they should suspend the school. If I were them I would refuse to play when the suspension is lifted.

IMO
    Ryan

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by nyyanks
    its sad when u get in trouble for calling your mommy

ROFL (thats for you Iggy)

Good job ny, you're well on your way to becoming an internet nerd now!

SCF Rewards

it still seems too extreme to suspend seven players for phone calls

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by mtduff4208
    it still seems too extreme to suspend seven players for phone calls

They spent money that didn't belong to them. It was stealing, end of story! Lets see you go into a gas station, steal a calling card and use it to call your mother. When the police come to arrest you, tell them "it seems to extreme for you to arrest me" and see how much they laugh at you!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by gioperation
    If I were them I would refuse to play when the suspension is lifted.

Go ahead, they can quit all they want. Wave bye bye bye to their scholarships then! I don't think college athletes should be paid, but I think rules should be changed. Like did you know a scholarship athlete can only make $2000 working in the summertime? I don't know about you but I sure hope to make a lot more than $2000 this summer! When it comes down to it though, these guys are getting paid. They're getting paid $75,000 for 4 years... the cost of their living, meal plan, and tuition. That should be plenty.

its a good idea they should have suspended them.

it was stealing and they are lucky that all they got was a sespention and that they should be able to work