Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Eli Manning?????

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rshann's Items on eBay

Eli Manning?????

Who else can't wait to see this punk get ™™™™™ slapped by the likes of Greg Ellis, Jevon Kearse and LaVar Arrington? I can't wait!!!

SCF Rewards
    See seamore75's Items on eBay

Re: Eli Manning?????

Originally posted by leftyshan
    Who else can't wait to see this punk get ™™™™™ slapped by the likes of Greg Ellis, Jevon Kearse and LaVar Arrington? I can't wait!!!

Same here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bstee's Items on eBay

What a shame. I never thought I agree with those thoughts about anyone named Manning! Too bad the Giants don't come to play in San Diego a couple times a year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rshann's Items on eBay

I think he was afraid to face the Black Hole. They would have made him their biiiiiaaaaatch.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man, that's the exact same thing I was thinkin too.. Lil sissy didn't wanna admit he didn't wanna play the Raiders two times a year

SCF Rewards
    Country

and the giants got robbed all those draft picks they gave up plus rivers who was the 2 rated QB on most peoples boards and 1st on a few others...LOL

SCF Rewards

I totally agree with you, Rob

And I hope the football gods devastate him the way the baseball gods practically destroyed Ken Griffey's Hall of Fame chances aftter he forced the trade from Seattle to Cincinnati just b/c he wanted to go home.

Pampered athletes need to be put in their place!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bstee's Items on eBay

I really can't imagine why the Giants gave up what they did. It was very clear Eli would not be donning a Charger uniform no matter what. There were a few teams in need, but I can't really imagine there was a bidding war for Eli. I mean as far as unproven rookies you could get Couch or Brees or any number of 2nd year guys - shoot maybe even Palmer for what they gave up. For the short term you could even make a trade with Buffalo and get a proven winner or St. Louis. At least with Warner you know you get someone who can read a defense.

I really can't see giving up a #4 overall and a #1 and more for an unknown. Particularly when when it was clear he had to be traded. New Yorkers will not be too forgiving if he doesn't have an immediate impact.

SCF Rewards

Here are my thoughts on Manning......

I think he is a damn baby. Who cares if he doesn't want to play for a team that has a history of losing? In this era, any team can go from worst to first in a year or two. Look at the Rams, Ravens, Panthers, etc..... If he is really as good as he thinks he is, he can turn San Diego into a winner. If everyone had his attitude, the Chargers' draft would be pointless.

Besides, with the Tillman story, it is really hard for me to feel sorry for someone who is about to get paid millions to play a game. There are more important things than crying over what team chooses you.