Thread: Elway Auto FT - Best Offer

Elway Auto FT - Best Offer

I haven't done anything like this for awhile, but this seemed like a good card to do this with.

The card is from the 97 Pinnacle Inside set and is the Autograph insert from the set. I have posted a scan of the card on my page's Trade List link. I made the scan larger than the card so the entire card could be seen including the minor chipping on the edges. This is not a perfect card, so if you're one of the investors looking for a card to have graded, don't bother. But, the auto is nice and not smeared, and it is ELWAY.

I don't like Elway, never have and never will, since he was too good to play for Baltimore when drafted. Very similar to Peyton's little brother Eli now. But, that's just me on my soapbox and has nothing to do with this trade.

Here's the criteria for the trade:

1. Offer must be football cards only. I don't collect any other sport.

2. Offer must be at least the full BV of the Elway. If you don't consider the card worthy of full BV, don't bother making an offer. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you into this. If you want to offer more in BV, that's your perogative

3. Offers will be accepted till Cinco de Mayo. No significance in this, it just seemed like a good cutoff date and it gives everyone at least a week to come up with something to offer. That's the 5th of May in case you don't know Spanish or the Mexican celebration of the Battle of Puebla where outnumbered Mexican forces defeated the French.

4. Offers don't have to be autos or game used cards, but naturally those might stand a better chance of being the best offer especially if they're Colts cards which I would need for my collection. I will consider all "football card" offers though. If you'd like to know what I might consider best offers or a decision tree on my part, ask and I'll try to explain if you're having trouble figuring it out.

5. This is also a closed offer trade. I don't let others know what's been offered by anyone else or where the offers rank. I know I could probably get more by doing so, but this isn't an auction and doesn't need to become a bidding war which could generate hostility between fellow traders.

6. I will acknowledge receipt of offers just so you know I've gotten them and they're under consideration. After I've made my decision on the trade though, I'll contact the person I'll be trading with and I'll do a joint email to all other interested parties.

7. Offers should be made by email, simply because my PM box might not be able to handle the volume. If you do PM an offer though, I will still accept it.

8. This will be strictly an unbiased decision. I've traded with several of you and won't let that influence my decision.

OK, I think I've covered all the bases. This same post will go in maybe seven total trade groups. Some of you will see it more than once and some will see it sooner than others. That's why I'm leaving it open to give everyone a shot at it. If it's successful and I can keep my mailbox cleared out enough to handle things, I might do this again with some of my other cards.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing the offers.

Mike Schroder
    www.angelfire.com/pro/coltsfan
    theschroders@yahoo.com

2. Kronozio
    Still have three days to make an offer. This card is going to be traded and I only have three offers so far. If you're interested at all, give me an offer to look at - nothing ventured - nothing gained.