Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

this blows..i don' like where this is going..how can companies like Ud and topps that have been around for quite a while just disappear all of a sudden...what will happen to all the brands and sets we've collected for so long

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country
    See Nyfancam01's Items on eBay

this blows..i don' like where this is going..how can companies like Ud and topps that have been around for quite a while just disappear all of a sudden...what will happen to all the brands and sets we've collected for so long

i know right!!!

this is flat out STUPID!

i bet the cards will be ugly and boring

im not wasting money on that garbage company.

i hope ppl dont buy their nonsense, so that Topps & UD will be back

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

In other words, you can look forward to everything basketball looking like this for the next three years:

Game over, man. Game over. R.I.P basketball cards (1948-2009).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country

In other words, you can look forward to everything basketball looking like this for the next three years:

Game over, man. Game over. R.I.P basketball cards (1948-2009).

hahahaha

"game over man, game over!"

yea, horrible.
    i cant believe the NBA would allow this!

well, i guess i mine as well try to get all allen iverson cards i can get. i wont have to worry about nice new ones coming out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

this happening is a perfect example of how the global economy and "globalization" totally sucks
    Last edited by 11chaos; 01-27-2009 at 11:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Gtbballer200's Items on eBay

AMEN TO ALL!! I cant believe this!!! this ruins everything that i have lived for over the past 19 years....why now!?!?!?! do it when im dead, but not now!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Eh, I'm pretty sure it will be different. That card is 15 years old...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

Eh, I'm pretty sure it will be different. That card is 15 years old...

Panini has never made actual NBA cards, just stickers, and they haven't even done that for a decade. I mean, these are the same people who make Hannah Montana stickers. So forgive me if, based on their track record, I feel like the sky is turning black and raining flaming human skulls.

The NBA is doing this to pander to a bunch of people who couldn't tell a basketball from a papaya, who never have and never will care about anything but soccer. You sit them down at a baksetball game and they'd swamp the court after the first bucket because they think that in every sport, a 2-0 lead means the game is over. Globalize that, David Stern.
    Last edited by gatorboymike; 01-27-2009 at 03:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country

haha, guys... what if panini was ALL base cards... with a few inserts and autos were like 1 per 12 box case?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sure UD and Topps will continue to produce basketball cards. Primary focus will likely be college cards/NCAA.

Because of the unknowns this is a huge blow to the basketball card hobby. I wonder how soon Panini will release the first set.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast