Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Do you want the extra ratings in our feedback system?

Voters
163. This poll is closed
  • Yes, keep it!

69 42.33%
  • No, get rid of it!

94 57.67%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I've never once looked at someone else's star ratings. I look at everything else. To me, a positive is good enough - if you're leaving a positive, but giving the person 1 or 2 stars in each category, then you have to rethink the ratings.

i havent looked at others either except when the ratings are so low it draws my curioisty..lol
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

i didnt say ONLY mods/mit's voted that way, i'm saying that all mods posting have voted for it, and mods usually post weather they did or didnt vote some way, i just feel mods will always be in favor of something and they takes a majority of the voting decision. lets say we took out all the mods votes, the voting would be very different

Like Rick and Andrew said, not true! Everyone has opinions, but not everyone voices them for all to hear (read). To assume, solely on the fact that because we are mods, we will be in favor of some add-on to the site, is incorrect. Just remember, we are members too! :-)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

This isn't eBay... if THEY can't get it right, what makes you think you can?
    Drop 'em.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jasonbarrow's Items on eBay

Red face

Oh wow, I didn't know this thread existed.

For those who haven't been following the thread in the Suggestion forum, look what I posted there:

Just to play devil advocate, how about this.

I'd argue that ratings of one to five are subjective, they are different to different people. Let's say that I packaged up three packages exactly the same and sent them out. One person might receive the package and say this is an average packaging job, just about what I would expect so I'm giving it a 3 because a 3 is average. The next person might rate it a 4 because it's a perfectly packaged trade but they only give 5's when someone really blows their socks off. The third person rates it a 5 because, like me, if they receive the card in good condition everyone gets a 5.

So three different people, all giving different feedback for the same exact packaging. No let's stretch that across 300 trades instead of 3, the total becomes a completely arbitrary number that has no value at all because the 1-5 rating system is so subjective from person to person.

I'm going to debate myself though and say that what I just said, although is a great argument, is BS in this case because I don't really think people are taking the time to rate these anyways, they're just throwing 5's up. EXCEPT for when someone is the victim of an expected PWE or month long shipping, in that case the trader will probably put a 1 on the feedback, thus serving the designed purpose.

Good stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rookie_dealer's Items on eBay

I say no because my shipping and Packaging is always the best. I use sleeve, top loaders and NEW bubble mailers and it shows as if i am lacking in these areas. Are you kidding me? Im not very happy about this.

Shipping 72
    Packaging 72
    Communication 92
    Timeliness 92

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Shipping 72
    Packaging 72
    Communication 92
    Timeliness 92

Dave - that's just how many people who have rated you - you have received 72 ratings for shipping and packaging and 92 ratings for communication and timeliness - those numbers are not your score - your score is the stars next to those ratings, and you have average ratings of 4.9, 5.0, 5.0 and 4.9 out of a maximum of 5.0.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

Dave's comments show that some people may not understand the ratings too, so that is even more reason to maybe get rid of it.

I voted yes, but if there was an option for no opinion I would have picked that. I don't really think it helps too much or hurts too much to have it in place. I voted yes since it is already in place and I haven't had any issues with it. I don't mind it. If it was gone though I wouldn't complain really either.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bodeman1313's Items on eBay

voted also, rather interesting isnt it Dan?

so its subjective and people really don't use this system good, and not to sound rude or something but i think its kinda bizzare most of the votes for it right now are by mods/MIT's and most against it are the regular members...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I voted no, as the system seems to be very unbalanced.
    Please check out the current threads:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=641428
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=655791

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Gtbballer200's Items on eBay

i enjoy it...kinda like ebay...lets me know that im doing a good job w/ shipping and such

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast