Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music-lyrical contest

music-lyrical contest

pr0phet tested Bgray approved :D

Hey folks, I got plans in mind to run a guess the song lyrics contest. The type of songs will range anywhere from heavy metal to probly some rap and even some country. I am going to mix it up best I can and I will only hint off the type of song when its asked.

I will give you a few lines of lyrics from a song. You just have to tell me what song it is and who it is bye.

Songs will be posted best I can by after 8:30 pm CST or around that time. If i cant make it on to post the lyrics I will post two of them the next day. I do hold the right with some warning though to post it at any time as long mentioned. If nothing is said you can expect a question right around that time.

Entry for the contest will be 100CC per player. You may enter AT ANY TIME and will be able to play. There will be 75 questions to be able to give late commers a chance to still play in this contest.

The winners go as follows

1st-85% of all CC entered
    2nd-10% of all CC entered
    3rd-5% of all CC entered

Tie breaker will be a 3 song face off in which both players will agree to a time to be on((24 hours minimual in advance)) and its first one to get two of the three right.

You may not edit your answers in this contest or guess more then once per day. If nobody gets the song that I had put up. I will post a second set of lyrics or some hints and keep giving more and more every day.

If you do get the idea of trying to guess more then once before the next lryics set is posted its an automatic d/q for that day.. second time I will ignore your entry for 5 songs and third time your CC will be forfitted and you will not be able to play. Lets give everyone a chance folks is all I want.

All rules stand to be editied as fit. I will not have a deadline for the start of this contest set to make sure we at least get some people into it as well as graduation for many of the younger folks((my self included, YAY)). I will post 24 hours ahead of time saying first question will be in 24 hours to allow sufficient time for people to be on the lookout

any questions, feel free to ask. I tried to cover all I could but as we all know. Nobody is perfect

thanks
    Jay

p.s. I would like to say that all my lyrics will be pulled off of this site The lyrics site If you use any other sight I can not be liable for any confusing lyrics cause this is where im getting them from

Basically since you gave the search engine you'll be using, someone just has to be watching for you to post the question & then run your lyrics in the search engine ?

This has lefty winning written all over it. LOL

Originally posted by Rick Polus
    Basically since you gave the search engine you'll be using, someone just has to be watching for you to post the question & then run your lyrics in the search engine ?

This has lefty winning written all over it. LOL
    ;)

not really.... the search engine does not search up by lyrics.. it searchs by song title.

If for some nasty reason that it does allow that then im moving engines to where only the title can be searched or group

Jay

if I dont get any takers for this contest within 24 hours or so I am going to not run it due to work starting and all that I wont have time to get everything set up((not that hard to pick a song but to keep standings and all will take some time))

Jay

hey man I'll play but how will it be fair if I'm not on here as much when there is a time limit? If the early bird gets the worm then I'm sol.

sorry Rookie.. There are just not enough takers for this contenst to make it worth while.. I would make a time of the lyric release BTW.. It wouldnt be random at all.. it would be 24 hours or so in advance to give people a few minutes setaside to check

Jay

hmmm that's a tugh one.....is it a song by slipknot? I could never understand their lyrics anyway. Did I win?

i would be interested in this. man how can you not understand slipknot lyrics???????/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast