Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

also harris didn't make it becouse of his backstage attitude. plus he put on weight. Saying the Vince won't push someone becouse they worked for someone else is stupid. This is wrestling, and The only thing that matters in wrestling is money. look at Vince and Hogan, or Vince and Austin. how many times have they both been hired and fired. ****, I have two words for you. ERIC BISHIOFF.

I agree that money matters. Consider this though: All those guys you just mentioned in your post were already world class draws (or earners in the case of Bischoff) when differences were put aside, so off course Vince had incentive to patch things up. Your examples don't really further your argument about Vince pushing new guys from TNA.

I am curious, who do you think (aside from former Vince employees and Sting) Vince would give a chance to from TNA? Also, who did Vince ever push that came over from WCW or NWA? I really can't remember too many wrestlers given much of a shot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

no disrespect but you are crazy. Now I'll admit, and tna does not all ways have the greatest storylines. But to say that they just disrespect the mid carder is nuts. they have done nothing but push the front line, those push a ton of young talent. and the MEM/ frontline story is great. its one of the best in wrestling. I love the go/power struggle that both groups have.

No disrespect taken (you are not the first person to call me crazy, and certainly won't be the last!). I just think TNA is a sinking ship. Now thats not to say that there isn't talent there--there is. I think Jarrett is in over his head and has done nothing but put his buddies over at the expense of the younger guys. That, in and of itself, is enough to remind me of the debacle that was pre-merger WCW. Now granted, I don't watch TNA as much as I used to, so maybe that has changed. I have to believe that TNA, top to bottom, has gotten worse since Jarrett came back--and I think the ratings/buyrates would probably back me up on that statement.

FYI--I agree that the Main Event Mafia is well done.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Main Event Mafia is just Millionaires Club all over again. And the FrontLine is led by the future poster-child for Type II diabetes, Samoa "Pass the Generic CrackerBarrell Foodstuff" Joe.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Main Event Mafia is just Millionaires Club all over again. And the FrontLine is led by the future poster-child for Type II diabetes, Samoa "Pass the Generic CrackerBarrell Foodstuff" Joe.

Zip,

To quote Scott Steiner, "only way I would be afraid of Samoa Joe is if I was smothered in Twinkie or dressed up like a hamburger".

Nice Millionaire's Club reference, hadn't thought of them in awhile.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree that money matters. Consider this though: All those guys you just mentioned in your post were already world class draws (or earners in the case of Bischoff) when differences were put aside, so off course Vince had incentive to patch things up. Your examples don't really further your argument about Vince pushing new guys from TNA.

I am curious, who do you think (aside from former Vince employees and Sting) Vince would give a chance to from TNA? Also, who did Vince ever push that came over from WCW or NWA? I really can't remember too many wrestlers given much of a shot.

steve austin, kevin nash, scott hall, the undertaker, Sid, HHH, the warrior. Ect.

All were young talent that jumped from wcw to wwe in the early to mid 90's. If vince thinks he can make you a star. he will.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No disrespect taken (you are not the first person to call me crazy, and certainly won't be the last!). I just think TNA is a sinking ship. Now thats not to say that there isn't talent there--there is. I think Jarrett is in over his head and has done nothing but put his buddies over at the expense of the younger guys. That, in and of itself, is enough to remind me of the debacle that was pre-merger WCW. Now granted, I don't watch TNA as much as I used to, so maybe that has changed. I have to believe that TNA, top to bottom, has gotten worse since Jarrett came back--and I think the ratings/buyrates would probably back me up on that statement.

FYI--I agree that the Main Event Mafia is well done.

tna just had its highest rated show ever two weeks ago. and held pretty steady last week.

SCF Rewards
    Country

tna just had its highest rated show ever two weeks ago. and held pretty steady last week.

Like I said, I like the Main Event Mafia. I don't think they are on the verge of imminent collapse like that of their predecessor organization, but I still stand by my statement though that there are reminders of pre-merger WCW--unlike WCW its a slow leak in the ship.

For instance, did you happen to see that they signed Danny Bonaduce today? David Arquette anyone?

SCF Rewards
    Country

steve austin, kevin nash, scott hall, the undertaker, Sid, HHH, the warrior. Ect.

All were young talent that jumped from wcw to wwe in the early to mid 90's. If vince thinks he can make you a star. he will.

Good points, but I think they are distinguishable from the youngsters in TNA currently. For the sake of not seeming too combative, I will grant you Kevin Nash and Sid. Scott Hall was a 2nd generation guy and an AWA guy before he came, so some would argue he was a name eventhough he was never over in WCW.

I think there are arguments on both sides to this one (for everyone of the names mentioned, I think countless others have been buried), and enough has been stated about Vince's attitude and competitive nature during this time to lead me to my opinion, so I will just leave this one at that.

On another note, I don't remember Warrior being in WCW before WWF, I know he was (Dingo Warrior) tagging with Sting as one of the Blade Runners in another territory, but I will take your word on it--not really that important to debate over.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good points, but I think they are distinguishable from the youngsters in TNA currently. For the sake of not seeming too combative, I will grant you Kevin Nash and Sid. Scott Hall was a 2nd generation guy and an AWA guy before he came, so some would argue he was a name eventhough he was never over in WCW.

I think there are arguments on both sides to this one (for everyone of the names mentioned, I think countless others have been buried), and enough has been stated about Vince's attitude and competitive nature during this time to lead me to my opinion, so I will just leave this one at that.

On another note, I don't remember Warrior being in WCW before WWF, I know he was (Dingo Warrior) tagging with Sting as one of the Blade Runners in another territory, but I will take your word on it--not really that important to debate over.

I think you may be right about the blade runners not being in the wcw. But Have some small memory of them being in the nwa.

Honestly, I hate Vince. But i don't see him turning "money' guys down becouse of were they worked before. expect Christan to with the MITB this year. So he can move on the bigger and better things. like fueding with Matt hardy, edge, and Jeff hardy, and Who ever wins the title at mania.

(p.s.) dude, I'm having fun. Lets keep this up.

Country

Zip,

To quote Scott Steiner, "only way I would be afraid of Samoa Joe is if I was smothered in Twinkie or dressed up like a hamburger".

Nice Millionaire's Club reference, hadn't thought of them in awhile.

steiner has joe this sunday at destination x,and i fully expect joe to come away with the victory,he should be the guy to take down the mafia,along with styles,and take his place at the top of tna. sting angle nash, ect cant go forever.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast