Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kings Trade O'Sullivan

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) UCB
    Country

osullivan will be on top line trying out as lw with horc and hemsky according to tsn and sportsnet, so well see how that goes.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

argh! another PC down the drain

Dave,
    Well you know it bound to happen. In today hockey world it does not pay to get attached. Well it amazing when teams pick up former teammates to come back to the fold.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout(129)
    Country
    See ehigbee's Items on eBay

I have mixed feelings about this trade. I really wanted to see O'Sullivan mature as a player in LA, but at least my team got something decent in return. I trust Lomardi's judgement of talent, especially after the way he helped build the Sharks into a competitive team a while back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Dear dean lombardi!

You are a MORON for trading away o'sullivan. I hate you so much! what a bonehead move! this guy was a GREAT two way player, amazing on the PK, I will miss you o'sulli

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djrecords's Items on eBay

i don't like seeing o'sullivan go, but in all honesty, he's not worth what they were paying him. he held out for a new contract and got probably more than he deserved based on what he did last year, and this year he only has 14 goals.
    i like him, but i understand the move. they clear out his $ for a guy that's scored 30+ goals twice. i don't know williams' contact situation, but i can't imagine he's making more than o'sullivan and he probably has less years on the deal.

i heard jim fox say today that they're targeting someone like kovachuk in a trade at the draft. they have an enormous amount of cap room and almost all of their best players under contract.

sad to see a player i like go, but i think lombardi is doing a fantastic job.

he got greene and stoll for visnovski - this was a great deal for us even though i was sad to see luby go. greene wears the "A" and has solidified the defense. stoll is top 10 in faceoffs, plays the point on the 2nd PP and has been quality as a 2nd line center.
    visnovski is hurt...again.

he got a high pick for cammy - yes cammy has had a good year, but he's a UFA and won't be worth whatever someone is going to pay him.

re-signed kopitar and many others

drafted doughty

has given lots of time to young players - not just doughty. moller, simmonds, purcell, quick, ersberg. now he knows what he has to work with.

we have tons of cap space

overall, i think lombardi is doing a fantastic job.

SCF Rewards
    Country

lol you make a ton of valid point for deano but i just still hate the guy. may be cause he can't get a good coach and that he came from SJ. The lubo deal was a good deal. Letting blake go wasnt. we had TONS of cap room and couldve payed him 10 mil this year and STILL had cap room. And look at williams stats. hes got like 3 goals and 7 assists this year in like 37 games. he was also out for over half of last year. injury prone guy or guy who plays a GREAT two way game? i take two way player. I'm a little shocked they didn't trade for a goalie. Heard quite a few rumors about them goin after lehtonen. whatever, we'll be good soon enough

And im not going to comment on the cammy deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

last time williams was healthy (2 years ago) he scored 30+ goals to straight years.
    blake wasn't going to re-sign because he wants a shot at the cup. i don't like blake as i think he's selfish. we could have moved him at the deadline last year but he wouldn't waive his no-trade clause. so we got nothing for him. blake sucks and i hope the sharks get knocked out in the first round again like they always do.

we have enough two-way players (handzus, stoll, brown, etc.). this team needs goal scoring. if williams can stay healthy, he can score 30+ and that's what we need.

SCF Rewards
    Country

blake sucks? thats where i draw the line. this guy is a 1st ballot HOFer. He was GREAT for the kings for so many years. I hope the sharks get killed 4-0 in the 1st round but i LOVE blake even if he is playing for the team i hate most in the nhl. You have to show some respect to a guy who spent 13 years with the club. I hope blake comes back next year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

blake was a great player and a great king, but then he got selfish. i was as big of a blake fan as anyone, even when they traded him the first time.

but when he blocked a trade last year and then left anyway, that sucked and now he's the enemy. SJ should be knocked out in the first round and that way i can laugh at both blake and roenick (who sucks too)

SCF Rewards
    Country

oh god i HATE roenick.

"the reason i didnt play good in LA was cause i couldnt find someone TO SHARPEN MY SKATES THE WAY I LIKED"

seriously jr?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast