Thread: Upper Deck Surprise!!!

Upper Deck Surprise!!!

A little bit of a story here, but i will try to keep it short. Well as many of you know... about a month ago Upper Deck sent me as a replacement for my damaged Autographed Joe DiMaggio Poster from 02 SP, $300 worth of GU and graded cards. I expressed to them that i was very disappointed with what i had received and they responded that in a week i would "receive something special." it took a little longer than that and was sent to the wrong address, but eventually i got it.

a framed picture upper deck authenticated #'d 35/50 Autographed Mark McGwire! I wish i had my digital camera working, arggghhh! But it has a picture of mcgwire swinging. in the top left corner of the picture there is the St. Louis Cardinals Full Patch, in the bottom left corner is a baseball card with the number 25 in the top right corner of the card, inside the 25 is a piece of gu jsy (white), and on the bottom of the card is a cut autograph from mcgwire! On top of that they let me keep my $300 worth of gu and graded! On top of that... 4kids came through big time and traded me a nice conditioned Joe DiMaggio Autograph poster from 02 SP (what i went through all of this with Upper Deck to begin with). Thanks again Shawn! And thanks everyone else, I know it was a long read!

By the way, these are the GU and graded:
    99-00 ud legendary jsy #LB-J Bird 120 Traded
    01 UD Game Gear #101 Vick jsy #'d 339/500 120
    01 Upper Deck #239 Vick BGS 9 $50
    03 Upper Deck City Heights Sportflic Lebron James $15

All are for trade, except the McGwire... that's heading to the PC and on my office wall!

Congrats! After that long ordeal, I'm glad to know that card companies still treat us collectors like fellow human beings. :)

Wow, that's great! It's nice that they gave you something big to make up for it. Four cards to equal the value of such a large one didn't quite cut it.
    It's nice to hear they came through for you.
    -Patrick

it took a lot of effort, but it was worth it in the end. this whole ordeal lasted about a year and a half!