Thread: Dominator returning???

Dominator returning???

Source: Hasek's return is a 'virtual certainty'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

Dominik Hasek might not have stopped his last puck after all.

The former star goaltender is considering a return to the NHL, TSN reported Monday night.

Hasek, who retired after helping the Detroit Red Wings to a Stanley Cup title in 2002, has recently talked to his former club about a possible return.

"Dominik has been in contact with the Red Wings several times over the past several weeks, and they've had serious discussions about the possibility of him coming back," Hasek's agent Rich Winter told TSN. "I think he's leaning towards coming back, but he hasn't made a final decision."

Another source though told TSN that it was a "virtual certainty" that Hasek would return to the NHL. The Red Wings hold an $8 million option for the 38-year-old goaltender next season.

Detroit signed current starting goalie Curtis Joseph last offseason to a 3-year, $24 million contract, including a no-trade clause, TSN reported.

"It's Kenny's worst nightmare," one NHL general manager told TSN, referring to Detroit G.M. Ken Holland. "What do you do with Hasek when you've got Curtis Joseph under contract for the next two years? You can't have $17 million worth of goaltending. Plus, Hasek hasn't played in a year and a half."

Red Wings officials declined comment to TSN on Hasek's possible return.

2. SCC Cyber Week 2017
    I hope he does return to the nhl , i've always liked watching him play goal.from when he started as backup for Chicago. He is a top nhl goalie.

I don't think he should return. I hate it when players retire and then come back because they decided that retirement didn't work out and still wanted to play. If he wants to play hockey he never should have retired in the 1st place

Just think of how rusty he'd be after not playing for a full year. I think this would be a bad move to an already guaranteed HOFer.

Whats the matter he can't find a good roller hockey team to play for now that he tried to kill someone?

Yeah he went out with a cup. Why come back and spoil that. Unless Cujo waves his no trade clause and comes back to Toronto. LOL. I hate Hasek anyways so it doesn't matter what he does.

yeah i agree he is rusty plus he went out on a good note so why come back. i hate to say it but i think he's gonna be like richter who should have left ages ago