Thumbs down Selling Off My Collection - Come Get Some Great Cards

Well since I got your attention since I do have some nice stuff, let me first give my 2 cents. This is a hobby... this is supposed to be fun... yet every night I end up getting pissed off. There's so many crooks, cheaters, stealers, rude and just plain unethical people in this hobby for me to continue. I'm sick and tired of all the bull. I gave up the hobby for these same reasons about 7 years ago and I thought during those 7 years the hobby would correct itself. Instead since I began collecting again in like November, it got 10-fold worse. It's really sad that I have to give up something I love because there are some really good people out there that I have met along the way. Even more tragic though is I've met 3 times as many crooks and just plain a-holes.

In just the past week, I've been screwed out of $127 (and you could add $106 more to that if this ebay jagoff continues to play games). I've had 3 people not deliver on deals that were made last month. I also have 2 people on ebay accusing me of stealing their money and not sending them their card. I've had ebay now for OVER 6 years and I have nothing but spotless positive feedback yet these guys seem to think I'm going to throw it all away for a 99 cent card sell. I'm sick and tired of it all and I'm done with it... I'm walking away and not looking behind.

With that being said... I got some minor debts to pay since I haven't had a job in almost a year... I owe some people money, I owe utilities some money and I have a credit card maxed out so it's probably best if I just sell off my cards and pay off all my debts.

I was going to just ebay them all but I'm so fed up with ebay jagoffs anymore. Hopefully I'll be able to sell these cards off privately. My collection consists of Clinton Portis cards, a couple Rudi Johnson cards and one Byron Leftwich autograph.

You can find the specific cards on my website here :

http://www.iggywh.com/cards/mycards.htm

Almost every card has a picture available on this page :

http://www.iggywh.com/cards/scans.htm

A couple of cards are incoming, that is why the lack of a scan. They should be here on Saturday (since there's no mail Friday). I also have scans of the back of each card too if you would like to see them.

I'm talking offers on single or multiple cards. You can contact me by replying to this post or emailing me at : IggyWH@aol.com

Also, for those of you who hate clicking links, the list of cards is following.

Thanks to all that have made it great times around here and good luck to your collections.

Take care,
    Iggy!

Clinton Portis Collection

Autographs

2002 Playoff Contenders Rookie Ticket Autograph #118 #241/360
    BV - $350

2002 Playoff Honors Rookie Hidden Gems Jersey/Autograph #44/50
    BV - $225

2002 Topps Rookie Premiere Autograph (Photo Shoot) #RP-CP
    BV - $200

2002 Topps Finest Rookie Autograph PSA 9 #122 #237/1200
    BV - $120 (ungraded)

2002 UD Graded Rookie Autograph #194 #166/250
    BV - $120

2003 Fleer Snapshot Autograph #37/50
    BV - $60

2003 SP Authentic Signs Of The Times Autograph #PO
    BV - $50

2003 Topps Record Breaker Autograph
    BV - $100

2003 UD Finite Autograph #16/70
    BV - $100

Game Used

2002 SPx Winning Materials Rookies #WMR-CP
    BV - $50

2002 Topps Pristine All Rookie Team Jerseys #TRR-CP
    BV - $25

2002 Topps Pristine Rookie Premiere Jerseys #RPR-CP
    BV - $25

2003 Leaf Certified Mirror Gold #41 #12/25
    BV - $80

Rookies

2002 Bowman #145
    BV - $6

2002 Bowman Chrome #136
    BV - $20

2002 Fleer Ultra #233
    BV - $20

2002 Leaf Certified Jersey Rookie #121 #547/800
    BV - $30

2002 SP Authentic #218 #682/850
    BV - $175

2002 SPx #122 #1046/1500
    BV - $80

2002 Topps #326
    BV - $6

2002 Topps Chrome #181
    BV - $50

2002 Topps Chrome #181
    BV - $50

2002 Topps Pristine Uncommon #121 #939/999
    BV - $15

Rudi Johnson Collection

Autographs

2001 SPx Rookie Autograph/Jersey #111 #213/900
    BV - $50

2001 Topps Rookie Premiere Autograph (Photo Shoot)
    #RP-RJ
    BV - $150

Game Used

2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Freshman Orientation
    #FO 15
    BV - $25

Misc. Collection

Autographs

2003 UD Sweet Spot Byron Leftwich Rookie Autograph
    #228 #099/250
    BV - $120

Sorry to see you go MAN! I quit collecting the McFarlane figures for the same reason.

I wish ya the best man and if I can help in any way, just holla!

Jim

Hey Iggy, sorry things have been going bad for you. I'm sure there are plenty of people on the trading boards that will miss you.

What are you looking to get for this?
    2003 UD Finite Autograph #16/70
    BV - $100

iggy im starting to feel the same way....im thinking bout giveing up on the hobby.....ive been feeling like this for the last 6 months.I took a few weeks off and thought it may change the way i feel but it hasnt.Yea i stil try and make trades but its just not the same.I do agree there are alot of crooks out there and when you say something bout it,some people seem to get real offend.If im wrong bout a person ill be an man bout it and tell them im sorry but ide rather warn people other than see em get screwed.What really upsets me is when i walk into a local store and see all the jerkoffs feeling up on the packs.I guess they cant get ladys so the need something to fill up on.This is suppose to be a hobby for the younger kids as well but it seems as if they never get a chance yet again due to the crooks out there.Anyhow if i do decide to give up i feel your pain and very sad to see another great person to leave this hobby due to the crooks

Iggy,

Never ever give up! I to have been screwed over big time in 2 deals. the first guy i called the police and it was 17 yr old punk in a small town. The cop leaned on the kid until i got my cards back. The second deal, i emailed the local TV station and got them to run a story on the guy and bad ebayers!!! I got half my $ back so far and i am still leaning on him! The best thing you can do, is to do everything it takes to make these peoples lives a living hell. they will fold because after a certain point it doesn't become profitable to them. anyway, good luck and keep the faith!

Originally posted by donprimo
    Iggy,

Never ever give up! I to have been screwed over big time in 2 deals. the first guy i called the police and it was 17 yr old punk in a small town. The cop leaned on the kid until i got my cards back. The second deal, i emailed the local TV station and got them to run a story on the guy and bad ebayers!!! I got half my $ back so far and i am still leaning on him! The best thing you can do, is to do everything it takes to make these peoples lives a living hell. they will fold because after a certain point it doesn't become profitable to them. anyway, good luck and keep the faith!
    Wow!

You know I wish more people did stuff like that when they got ripped off.

Most people just ignore it and do nothing about it.

I know your case probably isn't typical and wouldn't work for everyone but I applaud you for doing that.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I listed most of the stuff I had on ebay last night. The rest will go on ebay after all these auctions are done. If you want, please check out my auctions and drop a bid or 2... even if it is just to gibe the price a little bump :D

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&userid=IggyWH

Thanks,
    Iggy!

wow iggy i really hate to see you go i have also been screwd 3 times for over $400 .But i have learned my lesson and you are right we have a ton of people on here i have traded with and are so cool and honest but it seems alot of people old and young are RIPPING PEOPLE OFF LEFT AND RIGHT wich is not good at all i will look over your list and see if i can help you know.I dont want to tell you what to do but i think we should start a small collection $$ for you to help you out so you dont have to sell your personal stuff i know its hard cuz about 1 year ago i almost had to sell all my p-a-t-s stuff over $4,000 dollars worth i spent my whole life collecting i even cried,but i had my parents help me out i think we should start a little collection even if its $2 or $5 bucks a piece if anyone is interested thats what i spend everyday for cards i am willing to help out a good friend and what a great vice adm you have been thanx again anyone interested pm me thanx again.oh and bye the way the one guy that ripped me for $300 dollars i was knocking on hid door 1 state away rhode island and oh boy was he suprised to see me lol i got all my cards back stupid guy if you try to rip someone off try to cover yourself lol.
    Collect Cleveland Browns/ BOSTON BRUINS/ Boston College Eagles/ROOKIES,Patches/Autos

ONLY TRADE IN THE USA