Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

Cool

Rumor is that Carey starts tonight. That's great news for Price fans.

BANNED

Country

Rumor is that Carey starts tonight. That's great news for Price fans.

They need more of a "go -to guy" in net. Price has been "off" after his injury. And I dont think they give Halak enough time in net as they should.

Give Halak a shot.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Those are the words of somebody that clearly hasn't watched the last five games. Price has been superb:
    Last 5 Games
    GameDecGA SA SvSv%
    17 Mar '09 NYR @ MTL O 3 42 39 .929
    12 Mar '09 NYI @ MTL O 3 39 36 .923
    10 Mar '09 EDM @ MTL W 3 32 29 .906
    08 Mar '09 MTL @ DAL W 1 31 30 .968
    06 Mar '09 MTL @ ATL L 1 27 26 .963

11GA over 5 games, a SV% of .935, and many spectacular saves along the way.

It's easy to rely on cliches from the newspapers, but the facts speak otherwise.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

They need more of a "go -to guy" in net. Price has been "off" after his injury. And I dont think they give Halak enough time in net as they should.

Give Halak a shot.

Thats why it is no surprise they continue to drop in the standings. When Price was injured the team held it's own. He comes back and they lose like 7 or 8 in a row, with his goaltending being one of the reasons why. Then Halak starts 8 games or so, and they go 7-1 with Jaroslav stopping 40+ shots in most of them, and single handedly winning about half. Then Halak gets the flu, Price plays terrible against Buffalo and alright against Atlanta, and all of a sudden the team forgets who got them back into the race. Their refusal to play their best goalie is probably going to be why they wont make the playoffs, or if they do, only last 4 games. Price has played decent his last few games, but still no where near the level Halak was playing. But it seems like just because Halak wasn't born in the right country, he wont get to play.

Besides, Montreal easily would have won tonight if Halak got the start, instead he gets tagged with the loss because of Price's play.
    Last edited by gregmal05; 03-19-2009 at 11:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See smittyallday's Items on eBay

Those are the words of somebody that clearly hasn't watched the last five games. Price has been superb:
    Last 5 Games
    GameDecGA SA SvSv%
    17 Mar '09 NYR @ MTL O 3 42 39 .929
    12 Mar '09 NYI @ MTL O 3 39 36 .923
    10 Mar '09 EDM @ MTL W 3 32 29 .906
    08 Mar '09 MTL @ DAL W 1 31 30 .968
    06 Mar '09 MTL @ ATL L 1 27 26 .963

11GA over 5 games, a SV% of .935, and many spectacular saves along the way.

It's easy to rely on cliches from the newspapers, but the facts speak otherwise.

I know what you're talking about Rich, but to say that he's been superb is a little bit of a stretch. He's letting in at least 1 or 2 weak goals a night at a time when we need our goalies to steal us games.

Thats why it is no surprise they continue to drop in the standings. When Price was injured the team held it's own. He comes back and they lose like 7 or 8 in a row, with his goaltending being one of the reasons why. Then Halak starts 8 games or so, and they go 7-1 with Jaroslav stopping 40+ shots in most of them, and single handedly winning about half. Then Halak gets the flu, Price plays terrible against Buffalo and alright against Atlanta, and all of a sudden the team forgets who got them back into the race. Their refusal to play their best goalie is probably going to be why they wont make the playoffs, or if they do, only last 4 games. Price has played decent his last few games, but still no where near the level Halak was playing. But it seems like just because Halak wasn't born in the right country, he wont get to play.

Besides, Montreal easily would have won tonight if Halak got the start, instead he gets tagged with the loss because of Price's play.

Would have won easily? Did you even watch the game? We still would have lost because half our team was floating out there. If I hadn't seen him turn the puck over 2 or 3 times I would have thought Andrei Kostitsyn went back to Russia.

I think my avatar pretty much sums up how I feel about this team right now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

I know what you're talking about Rich, but to say that he's been superb is a little bit of a stretch. He's letting in at least 1 or 2 weak goals a night at a time when we need our goalies to steal us games.

Would have won easily? Did you even watch the game? We still would have lost because half our team was floating out there. If I hadn't seen him turn the puck over 2 or 3 times I would have thought Andrei Kostitsyn went back to Russia.

I think my avatar pretty much sums up how I feel about this team right now.

Maybe easily is a bit of an exaggeration, but last time these teams played the game looked almost the same as last night, minus Ottawa winning. Halak faced like 45+ shots and pretty much won the game for them. Even last night, Price gives up 4 on 15, Halak stops 23/24. It is a no brainer who should be starting.

BANNED

Country

Maybe easily is a bit of an exaggeration, but last time these teams played the game looked almost the same as last night, minus Ottawa winning. Halak faced like 45+ shots and pretty much won the game for them. Even last night, Price gives up 4 on 15, Halak stops 23/24. It is a no brainer who should be starting.

100% Agreed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

Every game Carey plays makes him a better goalie. It may cost the team a playoff series, but the way they are playing does it matter.

Carey let in one bad goal (4th) last night.

Bob pulled him to shake up the team and it almost worked.

The fol players did not show up last night.

Kovalev, Kostitsyn, Koivu, Higgins and the defense core.

These guys are making easy for Bob this summer. They aren't going to get a single dime over what they get now. At this rate, I could care less if he even signs them all. I'd rather rebuild again, at least you know that there won't be false hope. This as been one crazy season.

How are you supposed to win when your key players don't play hard game in and game out. The Answer. You don't win.

Give Ottawa some credit, they have played a good game.

I have no problems with people giving their opinion, but don't base it on reading the box score on NHL.com

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

I 100% agree as well. Play the goalie who's playing the best. If it is the European goalie and not the Canadian goalie why should that matter? You should always go with the goalie who gives you the best shot at winning each night.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See smittyallday's Items on eBay

Every game Carey plays makes him a better goalie. It may cost the team a playoff series, but the way they are playing does it matter.

IMO, yeah it does matter actually, Price isn't the only guy on the team, other players could use the playoff experience as well.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast