Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Country

The Standard "It's time to talk MVP" Thread

Whew, done will a killer term of school and i get a little time to chat with hockey brain trust we have here at SCF. School has kept that to a minimum since Christmas.

Ok lets talk MVP. I'm a little baffled that all i read is Ovie is the run away winner for the Hart. Not to take anything away from the year hes had. I don't think he is a runaway winner.

So i say hes not the runaway winner than who should be considered.

Darkhorse:

Zach Parise

I barely ever see this kids name come up. He has the quietest 40 goal season in a long time. Why? Who knows. His team has all but cliched the Atlantic division and if trends continue up until the start of the playoffs, the Devils will be the team to beat in the East. Who saw that coming.

On the hunt:

Pavel Datsuyk, Sidney Crosby

Talk about steady as they go. Night in night out 110 percent all the time. They give their teams the back bone to excel when it comes to making their teammates better and playing both ends of the ice. Not to mention both have 87,92 points respectively.

He's got Hart:

Alexander Ovechkin

49 goals, 90 points. Beastly totals, and public enemy number one when your team is down a man. He has led the caps to their second conference title in as many years. He changes teams game pans and you can never over look that.

And the award goes to:

Evgeni Malkin

70 assists, 102 points. Where crosby has provided the heart Malkin provides the soul. The pens are quickly becoming his team, he has stpped into a leadership role for his team and they have responed. A constant threat at both ends of the ice, power play, and penatly kill. You name it this guy can do it.

It may be looked at as bias to put malkin over ovechkin but the guys are virtually identical (you can argue for either guy) if you compare stats alone. Malkin was just the more complete player this year. He picks up a lot penalty kill time and is a beast playing defense in his own zone. Yea comparing a winger to a center defensively isnt apple to apples, but its not just centers that are nominated and win Selkes.

Id like to hear everyone elses arguements. Who did i leave out and who did i not give enough credit to. Its that time of year the MVP chants start comming out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mason
    Malkin
    Ovie

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

My opinion on top 3 candidates...Ovie, Malkin, Parise

Parise is a sleeper. Most people don't notice his stats.

Obviously they are gonna give it to Malkin, because he has the most points. I don't think he fully deserves it, just for getting 70 assists.

Ovie plays with 100% more intensity and love for the game...and he hits, a lot.

Ovie all around deserves it, but who knows what will happen.

Mason is great but I don't think he'll get MVP. Maybe Vezina, but Calder for sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

i think mvp will for sure be russian. between ovie and malkin. i think if ovie can put up 60 he wins for sure. who knows. will be a tight race

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well let see how it plays out in the homestretch (last 2 weeks). As that will be the deciding factor as people love goals better than assist and if OVY can lay a number that makes people take notice he has it. If Malkin can put up some sweet numbers like a gme or two he could easily hit 120 which cannot be ignored. Of course with voters it almost impossible to know how they will vote.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stretchdrummer's Items on eBay

My heart goes for Parise (gotta cheer for the quiet work-horse). But, my guess is....well.....I don't have one. I don't think Parise will get it, though. As has been mentioned before...between Oven-chicken and Malkin. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stlbluesfan87's Items on eBay

if jackets make the 4 seed, they have to consider mason. if not id have to say ovie, because without him the caps are very average. without malkin the pens still have crosby.

SCF Rewards
    Country

if jackets make the 4 seed, they have to consider mason. if not id have to say ovie, because without him the caps are very average. without malkin the pens still have crosby.

Caps also have suspect goaltending, IMO. Their goal-scoring makes up for it most nights when the goalies aren't doing well

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

its really too close to call! the last 3 weeks will be big

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See horror73's Items on eBay

Geno! Geno! Geno!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast