Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I'm not a big Newt fan, but...

Gingrich warns of third party in 2012

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich is warning of a third party mutiny in 2012 if Republicans don’t figure out a way to shape up.

“If the Republicans can’t break out of being the right wing party of big government, then I think you would see a third party movement in 2012,” Gingrich said Tuesday. The speech, to a group of students at the College of the Ozarks in Missouri, was recorded by Springfield TV station KY3.

But Gingrich, bemoaning President Barack Obama’s “monstrosity of a budget,” acknowledged that Republicans are partially to blame for the escalation in federal spending.

"Remember, everything Obama’s doing, Bush started last year,” he said. “If you’re going to talk about big spending, the mistakes of the Bush administration last year are fully as bad as the mistakes of Obama’s first two, three months.”

...the guy makes a lot of sense here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome it's about time! Maybe we will get someone in there who actually see's what's goin on and will take steps to really make some changes instead of just saying they will.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

True...and I think it's possible (although not necessarily likely) because the Republican party doesn't represent Conservatives any more. And it seems like there is a large group of people returning to or growing stronger in conservative ideology.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I would certainly welcome a third party that actually can compete with the big two. I just don't see it happening as quickly as 2012. I guess if some huge names split from the Dems or Republicans it may speed up the process, but most big names probably wouldn't want to risk their offices by jumping ship. Remember, the most important thing to a politician is to retain his power/job.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

I'm all for a legitimate third party to emerge but I just don't see it happening. I hope I am wrong.