Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mason Inflation

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Beckett is quite slow to adjust book value. Sometimes it can takes 3 or 4 months.

if i am not mistaken...they update it daily now.

Country

lol i am not saying price is done, he is very young and had his confidence rattled. but do you think if he does poor next season he would then be a bust for the time being?? i think price and mason are great goalies, mason more so as he has a less than talented team in front of him. i can only name 1 defencemen would love to see someone name all starting 6 d off hand without the nhl roster. but if mason has a bad season next year then what? mind u he doesnt have all that hype or pressure a carey price or pogge has. mason i think will do just fine, i hope price can rebound soon. yes they do update it, but you still have to subscribe to see it :) and cns ur perfectly right, a card is worth what a person will pay for it :) i sold a ovechkin winnin combos jersey/patch /99 for 220 on ebay last year books at 30. the patch had a full w in it. and i have had 80 bv cards sell for 8 lol.

Country
    See 41mears41's Items on eBay

they have an OPG. so i believe they do

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

if i am not mistaken...they update it daily now.

So the question is now when Beckett will adjust the value of Carey Price?

Country
    See 41mears41's Items on eBay

How about these stats Price is 22-14-9 and Halek *people like more* 16-13-1. Price is still +.900 save %. He is in Montreal, Canadian. Like Crosby compared to Ovie and Geno, all great players. Crosby is from canada

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stlbluesfan87's Items on eBay

This isnt meant to be a discussion of Halak vs Price or Price v Mason on performance. I was simply asking if this same silliness about pricing happened last year.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Letting Beckett dictate what your cards are worth is the first mistake. It's just a guide, and it seems to be growing more and more inaccurate all the time.

Say rookie 'A' is selling for $20 consistently on eBay, and for some reason Beckett prices it at $40. Rookie 'A' starts having a good year and looks to have a shot at the Calder, yet his cards still sell for $20. Just because Beckett arbitrarily raises their book value to $60 it doesn't mean people are going to want to pay it. Assuming that a player's book value will go up based solely on performance is not always accurate. And even if it does, assuming someone is going to want to pay book value or higher is also inaccurate. If people want to pay $20 for rookie 'A' they will pay it no matter what Beckett says.

Trade for what you like, if both sides are happy then it's all good. Don't let Beckett control the hobby for you!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

How about these stats Price is 22-14-9 and Halek *people like more* 16-13-1. Price is still +.900 save %. He is in Montreal, Canadian. Like Crosby compared to Ovie and Geno, all great players. Crosby is from canada

Carey Price was looking to win on last week his 5th win... over his last 19 games. His save% was about .870 over that period (so 4 goals each 30 shots), and many soft goals. It says it all!

Country

well to answer the question lol i think it happens every year with someone. my question is how do they get off selling cards from 05/06 for the same price as a box from 08/09 ie series 2, or spx, etc when the rookie class this year isnt even close to talent. should the price not have gone down as well? would that be card inflation in general??

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well, I think everyone needs to remember how BVs go up. Beckett doesn't wake up one morning and decide that a card should go up in value. Their prices are based on what the cards sell for. The prices go up, when the sale prices rise. I don't know what they currently list Mason for.... but I see nothing wrong with someone asking $70 for it. If enough people start paying an average of $70 for it, Beckett will raise their value for it. I don't think anyone should be upset over someone asking that much for it..... but I hope the guy trying to sell it doesn't get upset when most people would tell him the price it too high.

That being said, no way I'd pay that much. I got mine on eBay a couple of months ago, for $18.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast