Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Country

Come on does anybody really use beckett magazine to trade

Seriously these guys are so out of touch with the hobby, so many cards that book for 20 and sell for 80, and visa versa book 100 and sell for 6. Just want to know how many peeps still use their magazine for trade values.

Country
    See KevMateya's Items on eBay

Personally, I only use Beckett when trading. Say if I have a Malkin YG that books at $120, and I am trying to trade, I look to trade for another card close to $120 BV or a few cards which add to $120 BV. Otherwise, I use sale values which may be found through ebay, unfortunately.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Seriously these guys are so out of touch with the hobby, so many cards that book for 20 and sell for 80, and visa versa book 100 and sell for 6. Just want to know how many peeps still use their magazine for trade values.

I still use it even though I agree it out of touch with reality LOL.

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Country

sale values are jokes---- especially if they are the ones from ebay..... everyone has a different sale value depending on their location. Ebay has ruined the hobby.

Country

sale values are jokes---- especially if they are the ones from ebay..... everyone has a different sale value depending on their location. Ebay has ruined the hobby.

All Ebay did is save little kids and collectors alike from paying 75% bv for a card thats really only worth 25% in the open market. Shops and creepy dealers hate ebay because beckett mag is their bible and they can flash it and say look this books for 150 i'll sell it for 120, god bless the internet

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dayl24's Items on eBay

Saying eBay ruined the hobby is like saying mark to market ruined the banks.

I think many people just use BV to justify trying to screw you over. There are still a number of people that do trade on it though. Obviously eBay or the "market" jumps around a lot. And a single auction can indeed be VERY misleading. That being said I think Beckett is too far out of it to justify using it for anything other than low-end trading, at least in most cases.

Simply put, for stuff that doesn't move that often there IS NOT a single "great" way of valuing a given card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

eBAY IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED.
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Country

are you a card shop owner?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

Haven't bought a Beckett in over 2 years. It is a joke. Ebay is more than sufficient for getting an idea of what something sells for. Anybody who refuses to use Ebay as a scale for what something is worth is clearly out of touch with things. If a card sells for $30 one day, it may jump to $32, $35 or maybe even $40 another time, just as it may just as easily drop to $25. NEVER will that card sell for $80 or whatever Beckett would have it as.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I mainly read it for the articles,

I also just like to see what they're measurements are.....

O.K., that was supposed to be a joke, people!

no, but seriously, I hate when someone says "book value".

It's all about, how much a person wants the card & what they will pay for it.
    that is what "eBay" is all about.
    supply & demand, baby.

so, book all my favorite players cards low! Can't wait to buy 'em!

I'll still look for ones I want & pay more than the next person to get 'em!!
    well, except for this guy above me, I can't afford the amounts he spends!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast