Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you do with extra cards?

Hey guys after like a huge box-break ( like 3-4 boxes) I know you put all the good cards in toploaders and stuff, but what do you do with all the commons and other cards? Just wondering beacuase I am starting to run into this problem.

thanks!

I usually just throw them in a box for my kids...when they get older...maybe by then they might be worth more...

Keeton

Country
    SCF Rewards

Transferred Feedback
    (49) Trader Retreat

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Save them towards the end of the year and give them to childrens hospitals. I do it every year.
    PM's work best!

Save 'em and trade 'em.
    There are still many set builders out there. I have been able to trade quite a few for inserts and even some g/u (depending on the person).
    Otherwise, I love the Children's Hospital idea.
    -Patrick

I leave mine for setbuilders. There is always that one guy that needs #311 for a set and usually not many people are there to answer the call. Therefor you can get a good deal from him. I actually once traded 50 cards from a set that I didnt want that I traded for 3 gu'd cards. They arent worth much but I like the cards and I didnt like the ones I gave away. Just do something that makes you happy. I love the childrens hospital idea!

I keep all the commons in the box I bought them in and trade em as set fillers or if someone collects a certain player, I have gotten rid of a lot of unwanted cards that way.

I give them to a friend of mine. He cant afford a ton of packs but after a box break he is stoked to get my commons.

hmm the childrens hospital is a great idea!
    I'm going to save the commons from my next box and send them to the IWK here in halifax. I never even thought of doing something like that, thanks! :)

cowboy, I LOVE that avatar. got time to duck?
    Hidden Content cmb=cook more bacon Hidden Content
    I collect Theo Fleury, Lyle Odelein, Gary Roberts & Dave Manson

grid -- awesome idea which I have been doing for a while. A few years Beckett came out with the story about giving kids cards for the holidays while in hospitals. So I took it one step better and picked a hospital in four areas of the US. This way I could send cards from their area. My biggest place that I sent some to was the Children's Shriners Hospital in San Fransico which is now in Sacramento. And having to take my step-child there, I got to see first hand what it brings to the kids. I walked in one time, and usually I brought some with me instead of mailing them, and
    saw "my cards" in a card box and kids taking some.

The biggest thing is just don't send them to a hospital but contact them first because they may not take them and there is usually someone who deals with any contributions to the hospital.

It's a great idea.
    Collecting Barry Sanders, Tom Brady for myself. Collecting Bart Starr, Aaron Rodgers, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Buster Posey for my son.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast