Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

How often do you get laughed at?

Hey guys I was wondering how often you get laughed at and made fun of for collecting cards. I get it all the time, If i have a great pull or something and strat to tell one of my firends they are just like suht up no one cares you watse your money on those stupid things. I just ingnore it but was wondering if this happens to you?

Yeah, most of my friends make fun of me, but others don't.

SCF Rewards
    See grtrez's Items on eBay

i try and keep my collectign a secret.. ive done good so far :)

Jared

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

No one cares that I collect, they see it as a hobby and respect it. People would when we were like 14, but I'm almost 21 now so all that picking and stuff over stupid issues has been grown out of

Country
    See idealz_auctions_inc's Items on eBay

Nobody knows that I collect, if anyone came in my room they would though! And people wouldnt dare making fun of me, because if they were ever in my room, that means they would be a good friend and I would have dirt on them :)

I just still feel that the hobby is kind of stupid in concept. I mean spending rediculous amounts of money on pieces of cardboard! I remember when I used to spend all my money on cards and Id go to do things and have no money and people would ask where my money went, and I would say I never got any, and they would say, what about your paychecks!? , yeah well I learned to control my spending.

I actually have a special savings in my room of almost $500 so far from any spare $$ from paychecks or cards or anything, that im saving for a motorcycle.

Im not scared to tell my friends, its just that I know they wont understand it because none of them collect!

SCF Rewards
    See grtrez's Items on eBay

yea.. my spending has gone through the roof too lol.. im tryign to save some mpney to buy my first "good" box.. which would be a 2003 or 2004 fball product.. im about halfway there :)...

Country
    See idealz_auctions_inc's Items on eBay

I used to buy 1 box a week, that lasted like 2 weeks before I realized I was going broke! The store I bought from overchareged sooooo much but I just wanted to bust something so bad I would pay! $80 for 2004 Ultra box!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got nothing! only crap jerseys and inserts.

Now I stay away from boxes except ones I need for sets, which are fairly cheap, at about $30 each, but then im still an idiot and buy like 4 boxes at once! lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

I catch a little crap but here in Colorado all I have to produce is a few Elway Auto's and even the most skeptical of people are wowed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

People really dont care that I collect. I have done it for so long and hit a few nice cards I have almost convinced others to join as well hehe

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See soxfan445's Items on eBay

Luckily I've managed associate myself with people who don't care I collect, however most people I know probably don't know that I collect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast