Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hahahaha, lets see what those two can muster. Appreciate the words of wisdom!

Don't feel like dishing out some smack on here man? (To be quite honest I don't know which team you are aligned with so forgive me if you're not involved this year)

Transferred Feedback
    (25) UCB
    Country

Hes a Canadians fan he knows hes going to lose :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sad to say I'm pulling for the Habs, I don't know if they'll win but for the first time ever I throw my support behind them. May the ghosts of success and stanley cups past (and I highly emphasize the word past) help you get past the Bruins.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cabrinihockey98's Items on eBay

I'm a Flyers fan, and to be honest I have no idea how its going to go.

Since the Penguins have brought in their new coach, the team has gone on a tear, and I give them credit for the run. The series will come down to goaltending. Offensive edge goes to the Flyers...yes the flyers. The Penguins have Malkin and Crosby, but the flyers have 6 goal scoreres with 25 goals or more and are the most balanced attack in the league, this is well documented.

If Marc Andre Fleury plays to his full potential then Pittsburgh will win, but if Biron plays the same way he did last year than I believe Philly will pull this one out. It's going to be much more competitive than last years series between the Penguins and Flyers. Last year Timmonen and Coburn (our two best defenseman) were out for the series. Also, this year the Flyers gain a 46 goal scorer in Carter, and Simon Gagne is back in our lineup this year. Danny Briere is finally hitting his stride after all of his injuries, and Claude Giroux has more points than any other rookie since March I believe. We have 3 full lines that are scoring now, but our defense has been weak at times recently. If the flyers can contain Malkin like they have all year then they will be OK, but again it's going to come to goaltending. I'm not sure who will win, but I believe it will go 6 games.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sorry but that makes no sense. usually a team won't perform well their 1st time around in the playoffs unless they have an incredible team or have a lot of experienced players. i think if osgood can play well, detroit crushes Columbus

I agree 100%. As great as Mason has been, it's the Detroit Red Wings. Even with Osgood maybe slipping, its playoff time in Detroit. Even if osgood lets in 4 goals, Mason will need to stop some of the most talented players in the league for a best of 7 series.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dlfjr82's Items on eBay

Columbus gets crushed by Detroit... Mason was overused for a rookie, especially when he had mono and should have been rested. Look at their stretch towards the playoffs. 2 wins in their last 8 games and one was won in a shootout. I could see a Detroit sweep easily with a veteran squad against a team that has no playoff experience.

Country
    See Beejizzle1981's Items on eBay

My 2 cents...

WEST
    San Jose loses to Anaheim (SJ = Classic choke artists)
    Detroit beats Columbus (Not enough experience for Columbus)
    Vancouver beats St. Louis (Luongo outshines C. Mason, not enough experience on the Blues)
    Chicago beats Calgary (Calgary faltering down the stretch)

Anaheim beats Detroit (Detroit's goaltending just not good enough)
    Vancouver beats Chicago (Luongo outshines Khabibulin)

Vancouver beats Anaheim (Luongo outshines Hiller)

Vancouver = Western Champs

EAST
    Boston beats Montreal (Montreal fading down the stretch, Boston too good)
    Washington beats New York (Can't stop Ovechkin)
    New Jersey loses to Carolina (Devils inconsistent down the stretch)
    Pittsburgh beats Philadelphia (Malkin and Crosby too much for Philly to handle)

Boston beats Carolina (Thomas outduels Ward)
    Pittsburgh beats Washington (Malkin and Crosby reign over Ovechkin; not enough help for Ovy)

Pittsburgh beats Boston (Not enough experience in Boston)

Pittsburgh = Eastern Champs

STANLEY CUP
    Vancouver beats Pittsburgh (7 Games, Home Ice Advantage being the deciding factor)(Vancouver defense able to shut down Pittsburgh offence + Luongo > Fleury)

Vancouver = Stanley Cup Champs

Obviously, being a Vancouver fan makes this a bias assessment, but if you look into my reasoning for each round, this could very well happen; all that being said, I didn't do too well picking last year! :P

Happy Playoffs!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Crosby and Malkin are not enough to beat the Flyers. The Penguins will need more contribution than that. The series comes down to goaltending and if Biron play sthe way he did in last years playoffs, then the Flyers will beat the Penguins.

The Flyers have more scoring than pittsburgh. Crosby and Malkin are less of a threat than Carter, Gagne, Richards, Hartnell, Knuble, Lupol (all have 25 goals or more, 4 have 30 goals or more, one has 46 goals).

The flyers have the best evenly spread offense in the league, but their defense is questionable. But, please don't say Crosby and Malkin are too much for them, because that is plain silly.

Country

So i see no ones counting on the blackhawks huh

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see we have a devils (idk if ur a fan or supporter, either way haha)

Carolina won the season series, we can beat them in their house and we've shown it, the only game we lost we had micheal leighton in goal (thats a punchline in and of itself) id say two of those goals were just softies, really. I just think we'll have more punch, and I'm hoping history (as in 05-06 cup run history) will repeat itself here.

Either way, Carolina Jersey will be a great series, I can see it already. and best of all I'M GOING TO MY FIRST PLAYOFF GAME, GAME 3 BABY!! (and have tickets for game 4 and game 6 if that happens, i cant wait!)

i just may be able to go to game 3 myself canes take the first round easy over the devils
    Last edited by fdp79; 04-13-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast