Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Playoffs are here... let's have some fun and talk a bit of smack shall we?

Well the playoffs are upon us again and with so many hockey fans on this site I was hoping we could get a little bit of friendly smack talk going. I'm hoping we can get a fan of any team involved in here and they can state their case of why their team is better than their first round opponent and why they think they will make it out alive. (and have others state their opinions on what is said)

For example if a New Jersey Devils fan finds their way in here I'll state my case for my Carolina Hurricanes.

I'm not sure if this is like a stupid idea or against any rules or if anyone will even read this but I've always had fun around playoff time with proud hockey fans wearing their hearts on their sleeves and fighting it out for their clubs! (and im also in a playoffs pool at school so maybe i'll learn something in here too, lot of tough matchups to call this year haha)

So if you have the time come on in and let's hear what you have to say about your first round matchup and how you think it will go down!

Transferred Feedback
    (25) UCB
    Country

Canucks, Blues... I rest my case.

Only even in there record since Feb. 1st

Canucks - 27-7-2
    Blues - 21-10-5

(Both best records in NHL since besides the Hurricans.)

If anything there series comes down to Goaltending and experince.
    Luongo>C.Mason
    The Blues have a bunch of 1st year players which are quiet good but are no match for are experinced defence minus O'Bryan who I hate.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm glad someone came in and read this thread after all!

Best records in the NHL besides my hurricanes indeed :]

Interesting Case for the Canucks... I'm interested to see what these baby blues can do in the playoffs, let's see if they crack on the big stage.

Transferred Feedback
    (25) UCB
    Country

Lol Your welcome and why not put my HOPEFUL picks for semi finals.

East
    Hurricans
    Penguins
    Bruins
    Capitals

West
    Canucks
    Flames
    Sharks
    Blue Jackets

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Sharks will choke and lose. Why? its the sharks.

I'm pulling for the Devils to win having so much experience on their team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Luongo- Fair lineup there, I could see that... but, I personally couldnt bring myself to say Detroit's going to lose. I've seen them at their best (and at their worst of the worst at some points this year) but they're the Wings! I can't pick against the wings... haha
    Last edited by hockeyfan1208; 04-13-2009 at 01:02 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see we have a devils (idk if ur a fan or supporter, either way haha)

Carolina won the season series, we can beat them in their house and we've shown it, the only game we lost we had micheal leighton in goal (thats a punchline in and of itself) id say two of those goals were just softies, really. I just think we'll have more punch, and I'm hoping history (as in 05-06 cup run history) will repeat itself here.

Either way, Carolina Jersey will be a great series, I can see it already. and best of all I'M GOING TO MY FIRST PLAYOFF GAME, GAME 3 BABY!! (and have tickets for game 4 and game 6 if that happens, i cant wait!)

Transferred Feedback
    (25) UCB
    Country

Andy I totally agree but I hate the Ducks so much due to reasons ( Yeah... ) So go Sharks, Also I have been a fan of the Wings for 4 years but since this is Jacket first shot ever at the cup I think there going to shine.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If Steve Mason plays as dirty as Steve Mason can... that just might happen. It's still difficult to say Wings out in first round, it's unnatural! haha

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

1st off not a devs fan at all. just they have what it takes to win the cup

this is Jacket first shot ever at the cup I think there going to shine.

sorry but that makes no sense. usually a team won't perform well their 1st time around in the playoffs unless they have an incredible team or have a lot of experienced players. i think if osgood can play well, detroit crushes Columbus

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast