Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 294 of 318 FirstFirst ... 194244284291292293294295296297304 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3175

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shannon Fish.. sent 6-11, received 6-23.. Mrs Fish is one of the Big Break Atlantis Competitors on the Golf Channel. The " Be Your Best " inscription is clearly AP, cant tell with the sig. Love to see some others to compare?

Jeremy Clements sent 6-11, received 6-23. Great return from a regular on the nationwide tour.

Heath Evans, sent 6-2, received 6-23. very nice email return. nice 8.5 x 11 photo. Cheaper quality paper but still an awesome success from a Super Bowl winner via EMAIL.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would differ with your conclusion on the "BE YOUR BEST" inscription, which would lead me to an opinion about the autograph itself. I have the same picture, and both the inscription and the autograph are slightly different - in fact, the "E's" in both "BE" and "BEST" on my copy are different styles than the ones on yours.

As with anything you get through the mail, they could have been signed by anyone, but I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be two different styles of auto-print for an inscription.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would differ with your conclusion on the "BE YOUR BEST" inscription, which would lead me to an opinion about the autograph itself. I have the same picture, and both the inscription and the autograph are slightly different - in fact, the "E's" in both "BE" and "BEST" on my copy are different styles than the ones on yours.

As with anything you get through the mail, they could have been signed by anyone, but I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be two different styles of auto-print for an inscription.

guess we will agree to disagree on this because the "be your best" on mine, the dots in every single letter of that sentence isnt humanly possible to do unless you are trying to do that & cant imagine someone signing request, taking the time to do something ridiculous like that. Its also not humanly possible to have the same width of your pen stroke through out a whole sentence with ZERO variation in size.

Lets see a picture of yours. Im thinking that when you got yours, the inscription was still being hand written by someone but on mine, no-one writes like that. To make those dots 1 of 2 things had to happen.

1. She or whoever wrote with a stabing motion

2. Pen that was used was VERY fresh as in everytime she/whoever lifted it off the paper, it dripped ink.

Take a close up cell phone pic of yours if you can & post it. like to compare

edit.. also, now that i look at the signature in the pic, I think that is ap also. The dots like in the "be your best" are more clear in the scan then in person. Only thing that is throwing me a bit is i dont see a dot at the begining of he signature but im really leaning towards this being a AP return.

i'll wait till i see others though.
    Last edited by Riggs; 06-24-2012 at 12:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As you suggested, I think that I'll just agree to disagree. I don't really take a lot of pictures of my collection, nor do I have a working scanner.

If you check the database, don't be too surprised that the picture that I posted is a good match to yours (because it is). Truth be told, what I show on my postings are always copied from other existing pictures on the internet (such as yours).

Anyway, my personal opinion is that you may be just a little too skeptical about some of the pictures that you receive. Admittedly, the observations you made about the inscription are intriguing but, upon closer examination, hardly alarming.

I did an experiment with a relatively new blue Sharpie and found a similar dot pattern (which would fit your second speculation). I would suspect that it may just be more noticeable when done in silver.

It may not mean that Shannon Fish signed our pictures. She may have a secretary and/or they may have a good supply of fresh silver Sharpies.

Whatever the case, as I said before, I don't think that they programmed an autopen for two different inscriptions. At some point, it may just be easier for people to sign their own autographs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

Hey guys, I'm not going to take sides on if its real or autopen, just adding my photo so you can look at it. I've only been doing TTM for a month, so I'm not good a picking up auto-pen marks, but some of the details are different, certainly in the autograph. Lemme know what you guys think, and hopefully this can help answer the argument. The 3 most noticeable differences I see are:

The length of the top part of the exclamation point
    The starting stroke of the "S"
    The loop above the "i" in fish

Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good observations! My personal conclusion is that the "BE YOUR BEST" inscription looks like it was done very deliberately because it probably was!

If you do not normally write in block capital letters but are trying to do so neatly, there is a tendency to over-exagerate the motion, as opposed to a signature, which would be more free-flowing. Maybe we shouldn't be so cynical about someone trying to be neat.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dots Happen sometimes depending on the writing style of the signer.

They look legit to me and also- I think with someone of her celebrity (which) is little at that, there is a higher probability of it being a preprint rather than an autopen as autopens are very pricey...

SCF Rewards
    Country

thank you for the picture comfortably9numb, clearly see the sigs are different along with the "all the best" inscription. I'll sit down & eat my big helping of crow now. Never seen a inscription with dots like that without it being AP. learn something new everyday. Thrilled these are not AP for sure. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this also. Nice to talk about this without it turning into a " your clueless", " u dont know ----" thread. Good stuff guys.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Matt Moore in today! Small signed photo after email request!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country

thank you for the picture comfortably9numb, clearly see the sigs are different along with the "all the best" inscription. I'll sit down & eat my big helping of crow now. Never seen a inscription with dots like that without it being AP. learn something new everyday. Thrilled these are not AP for sure. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this also. Nice to talk about this without it turning into a " your clueless", " u dont know ----" thread. Good stuff guys.

Little late to the party here, but I just thought I'd say tonight I got Troy Bell IP and his signature had the little dots. I too used a silver sharpie on the card. It was a fresh one, also, being used for the first time.

Just speculation here, but maybe it's something with silver sharpies and/or how new/fresh they are.

Page 294 of 318 FirstFirst ... 194244284291292293294295296297304 ... LastLast