Thread: Darkhorses for 2004?

Darkhorses for 2004?

There's always a couple surprise teams out there and this season will be no different. Ohio State really stepped it up in 2002 to win the MNC after opening the season ranked #15 (give or take a few sports). LSU was somewhat of a surprise to take a share of the MNC last season. Here's a couple of my picks for 2004:

Virginia- They're ranked 9th (3rd in the ACC) in TSN and have talent on both sides of the ball. Wali Lundy is one of the nation's most underrated players and assuming the Cavs can sort out their QB situation by the beginning of the season or after the game at Temple, they should be in fine shape. Another key player for UVa is TE Heath Miller. Miller is regarded by many as the nation's top and he could be headed to the draft a year early with a strong season. Ahmad Brooks is one the nation's top linebackers. Al Groh has this team in position to have a 8-3 or 9-2 record and be playing on New Year's Day.

Missouri- A pathetic OOC schedule and a watered down Big 12 North should make life easy for the Tigers. Expect them to be playing in the Big 12 championship game.

Alabama- Another team with a cakewalk of an OOC schedule. No Georgia or Florida on the schedule and there are 7 games they should win. LSU and possibly Tennessee are the only games I can pinpoint as losses right now. 9-2 may be asking too much but there's no reason the Tide shouldn't win 7-8 games.

I say my UCLA Bruins

lolol..we are not expected to do anything at all this coming football season

heck, I wouldn't be surprised, come November home-coming weekend, that we are 28-point underdogs

SIGH

Id think Wisconsin stands a chance for the top 10 if Davis stays healthy.. Lets just hope though

Jay

Because the Big East is weak this year, I think a lot of people are sleeping on WVU. They should take the Big East easily and could very well go undefeated and be in the championship game. I hate WVU, but if not Pitt, I root for BE!

Originally posted by IggyWH
    Because the Big East is weak this year, I think a lot of people are sleeping on WVU. They should take the Big East easily and could very well go undefeated and be in the championship game. I hate WVU, but if not Pitt, I root for BE!
    The Big East is going to be weak for a long time, Iggy. In some years, the MAC will be better than the new Big East. I already have the Mountain West ahead of the Big Least. Better hope Notre Dame says no to the Big Ten soon. Perhaps an invitation would be extended to sPitt.