Michael Jordan 1985 Star Rookie

This may be a dumb question, but can anybody tell me why the 1985 Star Michael Jordan rookie card isn't worth very much? It came out a year earlier than the 1986 Fleer "rookie" card and I believe it is much more scarce. Despite those two facts, the Fleer Jordan seems to sell for a higher price? Just seems odd to an amateur collector like me.

-DKB

These cards used to command big bucks but due to the Star Company using the original printing plates to reprint the cards(not sure how many were reprinted) in latter years the value has dropped significantly. The major grading services like PSA will not grade them due to the fact it is virtually impossible to tell the reprinted ones from the originals.

well damn that sucks lol, they never even bothered to change the date the plate at all?

I am not sure of the whole story but I believe they did it on purpose to make money. Like I said not sure.

Well whatever the reason was, all they did was screw up that cards BV lol

I can't believe that. I was offerred like $5,000 for that card back in 1992 or so. I opted to hold on to it instead, and now they're selling for like $150. Remind me to thank the Star company--if they're even still around.

Thanks for the info.

-DKB