Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That one looks to be a gold.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (10)
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See xelloss1012's Items on eBay

A poor scan of the metal and golds tends to make hard to differentiate...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See djlowrain's Items on eBay

Wow, I just read this entire thread WITH my stack of unknown OPC parrallels in hand and guess what......................I STILL HAVE NO IDEA! I have a few with obvious tire tracks, a few with not so obvious tire tracks, I ton with no tire tracks and I sure as heck can't tell the difference between a silver background and rainbow background. They all look the same to me.

I was debating on whether to build the metal set or not. I've decided, NO WAY, too confusing. I'll just get the 200 update base cards to add to my 600 card base set and trade away the inserts.

My advide to UD. I don't mind parrallels. In some cases I greatly enjoy them and have even put together some parrallel sets, BUT..............make them obvious so that we can tell the differnece. The set that comes to mind for me is 99-00 BAP Millenium Signature Series. The base cards where silver and the parrallels were Ruby(red), sapphire(blue), and emerald(green). And the entire card was that color, not the border, not a little star in the corner, not a little logo on the back..............THE ENTIRE CARD! Unless you were blind, you could not mistake one for the other. If your gonna do it, that's the way you should do it.

Sorry for the long rant, just a tad frustrated.

TOM

i agree with you is a real headache this kind of parallele im in the same situation of you with my piles of opc with some rainbow some silver some tire spot some people at upper deck smoke really good stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kippelsiini's Items on eBay

i agree with you is a real headache this kind of parallele im in the same situation of you with my piles of opc with some rainbow some silver some tire spot some people at upper deck smoke really good stuff.

I wonder how much Panini was thinking about 08-09 OPC when they started with Score Glossys (that has no mention of Glossy in 2010-11).

Personally I have created a reference collection (just some toploaders and text paper with the cards inside) to check whether my 08-09 OPC parallel is Gold or Metal or whether my 96-97 Summit is Metal or Premium and about the names of Pacific Hobby/Retail cards and 02-03 Topps/OPC "base"/factories. Costs next to nothing to do that and is extremely useful!

SCF Rewards
    Country

marking this

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345