Thread: What packs are Hott?

Question What packs are Hott?

Hey Guys I am going on vaction for a week soon and there is a pretty nice card shop where we go in Ocean City. Well anyway my parents usually give me lots of money when were on vaction and im not one to waste my money on the arcade or something. Id rather go to the card shop with it LOL. So my question is I will Probably be buying a lot of packs, what are some good packs that have the best chances to pull some nice auto/game used. Please any Info is great. Thanks guys and I will be posting this in the other forums I collect also. If you can help me there too!! Well bye for now.

-John

on Friday packs of SP Game used comes out. Probably 24.99-29.99 per pack, but you get an auto or GU per pack and out of 6 packs in the box one card will be #ed lower than 100!! Pretty nice stuff. I bought some of the Basketball this year and was really impressed.

What kinda range are you looking for and do you want to walk away with something in return????

Jay

It's not new, but I really like the 2003 SP Signature. You get a base card, a numbered rookie and an autograph per pack and the cost here is $30. You could buy 3 $10 packs and hope to get an auto or spend $30 and definately get one.

A little cheaper and still really nice looking cards are 2003 SPx. The rookies are all numbered and you could pull some really nice inserts. I think that runs about $7/pack.

As far as this year, I really like Fleer Showcase. Year after year they really have great looking cards. If you but the Hobby packs I think the jerseys are 1 in 5, but watch out because retail looks just like it but I think they are 1 per box. I think 1 in 5 is about as good as you get unless you play the one per pack game.

You can get the Press Pass with guranteed autos for $15, but they NEVER and I mean NEVER hold value. It does not matter how hot the guy is, these cards are for nothing more than auto and even then they never will increase - never. Did I mention they will never go up in value? Never!

thanx for the input so far guys..30 a pack is a little to much, Im would spend like 15 maybe 20 though.

Yep, you can always look at getting a box as well. If you want to take the big chance look at getting a 2003 sp authentic or contenders in which a leftwich is going for like 3-400 on ebay right now.. But thats a BIG chance

Jay

Hey man
    Something raher cheap thats impressed me is the 04 Playoff Prestige and the 04 Donruss Elite
    DOnruss Elites are numbered to 500 and get two per box
    Also in that box you get 2 autos/memo's
    PLayoff u have a shot at SP RCS such as Steven Jackson now valued at $50!!!
    Hope that helps a bit
    later