Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you store your cards?

How do you store your cards?

I'm curious how everyone stores their cards. I want to put mine in binders for easy viewing, but this is risky for more expensive cards. At the same time, I don't want to put everything in boxes.

In a perfect world, the 9-pocket pages would be more rigid with a slightly deeper/wider pocket so all cards would be protected. As it is, some of the thicker cards stick out the top of the slots.

So, how do you display/protect your cards?

2. Allgood (eBay Store)
    I put most of the good cards in Top Loaders... The less exspensive cards I put in binders.

So protecting them is more important than having a handy way to view them?

I have talked to many people about this. I like to display them more than protect them, except for the more expensive cards. I have about 200 autographs, and I keep them all in Top Loaders, or screw down cases, etc. I keep all my autos in shelf space in my room.

Originally posted by bishop2knight
    So protecting them is more important than having a handy way to view them?
    I think so, but I have so many boxes and binders it is hard to view them anyways filling up a closet and basement. Nobody ever wants to view my cards anyways, lol. Sometimes Ill sneak some out and look through them. ;)

I don't display mine. I keep the Topps sets I collect in binders with all the insert sets that go with them. Auto's and rookies go in top-loaders, game-used in soft sleeves because I don't have the thicker top loaders. All the big stars I keep in binders. Everything else goes in boxes under my bed or in the garage.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Mostly in binders but I got most of my higher end cards in a top loader.

I've got most of my game used in the thicker top loaders,most of my cards though are in piles stacked in my room (or in the case of my Tim Couch & Jeremy Shockey collection,all in hard sleeves and stored in my dresser,lol)....I really need to get a job and buy some binders for these things though,lol.

LOL Its unbelievable how many of us here don't have jobs. Too busy with cards I guess.

I store my cards by numerical order in soft sleeves in Sterilite Plastic boxes (32 quart) that I get from Target. Autographed cards are kept in 9-pocket sheets in binders. Autographed index cards/photos are kept in photo albums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast