Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tn_krusin's Items on eBay

My UD done me wrong thread

When I entered this card in the weekly contest a few weeks back I said I'd tell the story behind it later, it's later.

Not a UD hater most of my nicer cards are from UD. Thought I'd share a recent experience with customer service & see what others thought. I think I got the shaft when it comes down to SV not that I'm selling but one day we all will have to sell or die with the stuff & leave it to someone else to do.

Here goes, I busted a case + of The Cup last season & pulled some nice stuff. The highlight was a Scripted Swatches #'d to 10 of Gordie Howe. Beautiful card when viewed from afar, but when you get close it's got problems, lots of problems. (pics below) (same pic's I sent UD when asked)

1. along the Top note the raised areas with the white bolts in hand it looks like a bad section of card stock -

2. What looks like bad scratches or machine marks around where Scripted Swatches is printed & also effected the area around his elbow on left side of card -

3. This is where the bad piece of card stock really shows - note on the bottom of the W in "Wings, card stock was damaged before printing as the print ink is on the bad section as well.

When I contacted customer service I was told to hang onto the card, they might have or be able to make another, (this was what I really wanted to hear as I love the card, I hoped they could reuse my swatch in the new card). Later I was told no others were available to replace it & to hang onto the card & they would send something to compensate for the damage.

Here's what I got & it looks like it was sent back by someone, bad corner bend top/right -

I thought about getting both graded & then going back to UD & say is this fair, I think the Mr. Hockey would get a 3 or 4 & the Kane a 6 maybe 7 if lucky. I've since decided to drop it but the itch to complain is still there

I still love the card after all it's Mr. Hockey, it's a game worn Patch with a nice signature.

That's all, I'm done
    Last edited by RGM81; 04-29-2009 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Language

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See chains_fan's Items on eBay

They sent a Kane rc for compensation? Is the Kane even #'d?

That Howe is amazing...I figured that it would warrant better compensation than an OPC Kane rc.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

I received a letteman with big scratch on top. The redemption had to be hand package. Maybe blind person work on packaging redemption.

Look bottom left between 18 and ROOKIE

All I can say is when I stated to work back 30 years ago, companie were not as big as they are today. Now it seem that client and quality control is not important anymore. I don't even send back my damage card. why waste my time and money. From Upper deck my best pull had two badly damage corner. A patch /15.

top left and top right corner.

Maybe I should send them just to see what they would send back.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Wow, I'm really glad I haven't had any problems pulling damaged cards yet (knock on wood)

They should have sent you a much better replacement

SCF Rewards
    Country

i would defenitly call them back thats some serious bs, good luck

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Feel free to vent as many have similar issues to share. Of course there been some killer stories on the other side of the issue. Sorry to hear about your luck.

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Kursin & CoolHandLuke, I would mail back to Upper Deck since that is just bad business and they are gettting away with it when you don't complain about the replacement being damaged.

I sent a card back to Upper Deck to be replaced a little while ago and was content with what I received as replacement. Then after I got looking at one of the cards (SPGU Two Way Threads - Forsberg) I noticed some of the picture worn away form around the windows of the two jerseys. I think it's even worse receiving damaged replacements than pulling a damaged card.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Kursin & CoolHandLuke, I would mail back to Upper Deck since that is just bad business and they are gettting away with it when you don't complain about the replacement being damaged.

I sent a card back to Upper Deck to be replaced a little while ago and was content with what I received as replacement. Then after I got looking at one of the cards (SPGU Two Way Threads - Forsberg) I noticed some of the picture worn away form around the windows of the two jerseys. I think it's even worse receiving damaged replacements than pulling a damaged card.

If the damage percentage was high in all the product I open, then yes I would send them back. But it`s still remain a very marginal number of card that are damage. My personal opinion is that with all the card I buy I can afford the finicial lost and just place them in my PC and don`t try to trade for them. I wish it was perfect but no one are. So I do expect a tiny percentage to have damage. That is just me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mw83krk's Items on eBay

If the damage percentage was high in all the product I open, then yes I would send them back. But it`s still remain a very marginal number of card that are damage. My personal opinion is that with all the card I buy I can afford the finicial lost and just place them in my PC and don`t try to trade for them. I wish it was perfect but no one are. So I do expect a tiny percentage to have damage. That is just me.

I agree, but if the percentage of cards that are damaged are marginal then even more reason for UD to do a better job issuing replacements. I received a replacement Okposo RC and the corner was even more dented then the one i sent in (and I know it's a different card because of different /999 serial #)

I just think that with the amount of money that UD charges for their high end boxes, we should at least expect a near flawless product... and if the occasional error occurs, a maximum effort to correct the error.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is the kind of things that happen when one company gets a monopoly. They're Number One (well, actually, they're the only number), so why bother trying anymore?

This also happened way back when OPC was the only company involved -- remember all those ragged cuts and off-center cards?

Lack of quality control is what it's called.