Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

or or or...maybe someone's personal value is that amount, i hate bv and sv, i go by personal value

If this is true, my question is, if a card has a huge amount of personal value to you, sometimes 1.5 to 2 times the book value, why would you even be trading it? Wouldn't you want to keep it for personal value? I could sit here and say, I have a Drew Stanton Topps base auto card that books for like $2, and I want $50 for it, so because I think it has that much personal value to me, I am not being out of line?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

If this is true, my question is, if a card has a huge amount of personal value to you, sometimes 1.5 to 2 times the book value, why would you even be trading it? Wouldn't you want to keep it for personal value? I could sit here and say, I have a Drew Stanton Topps base auto card that books for like $2, and I want $50 for it, so because I think it has that much personal value to me, I am not being out of line?

well i guess it varies, each card i own has personal value, so when i trade, one card i may want something really good to move it and another card, i may have no "attachment" to so i may not need that much towards it
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Country

when somepne tells me they want more because they paid more, i think S T U P I D.

SCF Rewards
    Country

or or or...maybe someone's personal value is that amount, i hate bv and sv, i go by personal value

Becareful man, all we need is another value to bicker about!
    Personally I would never ask more for a card than its bv. If I over paid thats my problem. When I do, on an occasion sell I will try to at least get what I paid for the card. People always want a huge discount on SCF, so thats hard to do sometimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New Jersey Devils New York Yankees San Diego Chargers
    See dark_tranq's Items on eBay

just out of curiousity, where is the best place to get a general idea of book value?

there an online website/magazine or something to that effect?

i only ask because im new to all of this, and certainly dont want to be ripped off (anywhere i buy cards, not necessarily here).

Blog Entries
    Country

personal value is the only way to go.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

just out of curiousity, where is the best place to get a general idea of book value?

there an online website/magazine or something to that effect?

i only ask because im new to all of this, and certainly dont want to be ripped off (anywhere i buy cards, not necessarily here).

The is a monthly beckett magazine that has book values and then if you go to www.beckett.com there is an online price guide you can sign (pay) up for and it has more "real time" values.

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

Me personally I get bothered by the fact I have cut people some pretty signifcant deals when selling....(20%-25% bv) only to have them list the cards like a week later and ask 50%-65% of book value...So for the most part unless I need to make some quick paypal money for something else or someone offers me a good price for something I dont sell anymore unless its a last resort

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12