Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best nicknames

best nicknames

I love player nicknames and it is even better when you can get them included in an autograph! I was thrilled in a trade a few days ago that I had gotten Dante "Glue Fingers" Lavelli! Some of the other greats who have signed with nicknames and unfortunately are no longer with us are Jim "Catfish" Hunter and Lou "The Toe" Groza! I know there are still a few great ones signing like Rich "Goose" Gossage and Virgil "Fire" Trucks. Who out there can you think of that signs with nicknames and who is your fav?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

Mark "The Bird" Fidrych was another great nickname...unfortunately he passed recently. Also like Bill "The Spaceman" Lee..Not sure if he signs..

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy132 View Post
    Mark "The Bird" Fidrych was another great nickname...unfortunately he passed recently. Also like Bill "The Spaceman" Lee..Not sure if he signs..
    Bill Lee signed my last couple cards "Earth". What a character.

The first time I met Gary Carter, I asked him to add "The Kid" in his signature and he did....Still have that auto and it is one of my favorites.

Wild Thing is So fitting for Mitch Williams. Its hard to see him now without the MULLET!!!

a couple i like are sometimes IP shawn marion will add "matrix" to his, and jamario moon will add "screwdriver". chris "birdman" anderson will also add "Birdman" to 8x10s

"Terrible" Ted Lindsay, but I've never seen him add "Terrible" to anything, and I've asked

Gene "Stick" Michael....got him at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre when he was scouting for the Yanks a coupe of years ago. He was a class act. He shook hands with me and we talked baseball for a few minutes before everyone recognized him and he got swarmed. His is a brain I would love to get into, what a baseball genius.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

One I would love to see added would be "Charlie Hustle" for Pete Rose. To be honest I was just thrilled to get his period!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast