Thread: Ovechkin Autos to Return Soon?

Ovechkin Autos to Return Soon?

The new UD group on Facebook is turning out to be a great resource for having questions answered. As I'm sure many have noticed, there have not been any Alex Ovechkin autographs in either SP Authentic or Ultimate Collection, an absence that has weakened their checklists to some degree (though they are still strong compared to some past years), and a bit of a disappointment given that he's (and this is just my opinion, take it elsewhere if you want to debate it) the most exciting and best player in the NHL today. There were rumours circulating that at the All-Star Game Ovechkin told Upper Deck he would no longer be signing autographs for them as he was "too busy" or something along those lines - definitely upsetting for many collectors who love building their Ovy collections.

Well, good news may be on the horizon:

Some guy named Richard wrote:
    I have a question regarding autographs and players: it's been heavily rumoured that Ovechkin is no longer signing. His lack of auto'd cards in SP Authentic and Ultimate Collection is very noticeable and seemingly suggests that the rumours are indeed true. Is there a list of players that do not sign?

Upper Deck wrote back:
    Richard,
    We are in the process of negotiating a new deal with Ovechkin. We're optomistic he'll be signing again for us soon.

There is hope, friends!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. SCC End 2017
    I hope he stops signing so the demand for his auto rcs will go through the roof, since I have quite a bunch locked away.
    COMC.COM Cards For Sale: Hidden Content

I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

anyone think datsyuk will start signing more than just the /20 in the ultimate collection? Hope ovy signs...not good for the league/fans/UD if the top goal scorer doesnt do stuff outside of the game

Thanks for sharing. You should get that Richard guy over here to trade.

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

I hear he's a real scoundrel, only trades for Habs stuff. Keeps babbling on about his Carey Price PC.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I hope to see Ovie auto's return soon. I hope to obtain one for the PC sometime
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content