Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow.... Now this is strange

Wow.... Now this is strange

Check out this email I just got from eBay

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

130303266242 - 08-09 Champ's Hockey Fossil Woolly Mammoth Femur

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

After consultation with the USFWS and IAFW, eBay has determined that it will not allow ivory to be sold on the site. Please note: Antique items (pre-1900) that contain less than 5 ivory are still allowed, but these must be accompanied by a disclaimer that clearly states the item was created before 1900.

Please note, this item may appear in your Unsold Items folder. However, we must respectfully ask that you refrain from re-listing this item in order to avoid incurring any additional policy infractions.

Because of state and federal regulations on the sale of live animals, plants, and wildlife products, we have some restrictions on the kinds of items you can sell on eBay.

Due to various international trade restrictions and treaties banning the sale of ivory, we don't allow listings for items made from or containing any kind of ivory. You can, however, offer manufactured ivory products that were made before the year 1900 and contain less than 5 percent ivory -- generally items with ivory inlay like antique furniture or musical instruments. When listing these kinds of products, you'll need to include a picture of the item, clearly state the item was made before 1900, and offer domestic shipping only.

I don't know what to think about this

2. Kronozio
    Hey the Ivory is not in the femur...so idiot people working for eBay....

Wow.. that's really interesting. I wonder how many other sellers had that happen to them

It makes me mad cause mine was the first one live on eBay. I had 28 watchers, 5 days left with 2 bids@ 56.00. Why was mine the only one taken off? if you search woolly mammoth on ebay other ones are still selling.

Ebay is a communist organization....funded by the White House...I had over 275 positive feedbacks at 100% rating and all it took was one unresolved dispute from a moron who was trying to con me...for them to close my account down "indefinitely"...Id give you a number to contact Ebay directly but heaven forbid you get to talk to a human and if you do they suddenly plead the 5th and have no idea what you are talking about..Their email responses arent much better...Kudos the big red machine strikes again!

Well just another reason for me not to sign up.

I think I'll stick to trading for now, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by avs9601 View Post
    And the last mammoth had died 1650 BC....
    This is hilarious, only because it's sooooo true.
    Pretty sure that would account for being before 1900.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast