Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Official Rockets @ Lakers, game 1, thread

Game tips at 10:30 tonight on TNT, Lakers should win the series but the Rockets could make it interesting. Looking forward to this one.

Lakers Lakers Lakers

Kobe jersey for dinner tonight

They were saying on ESPN that this series is not easy for the Lakers. I don't like the Lakers, so I am hoping this to be an upset

Quote Originally Posted by angel0430 View Post
    They were saying on ESPN that this series is not easy for the Lakers. I don't like the Lakers, so I am hoping this to be an upset
    They don't know what they are talking about. Most of them said the Jazz would be difficult to beat at home and they saw this going to 7 games.

We swept the Rockets in the regular season. I can see this game going either 4 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by angel0430 View Post
    I heard from McGrady on Jim Rome's show too how he's confident the Rockets can give the Lakers a run for their money. Of course, he's a Rockets player, so naturally he'd think that even though he is out injured and won't play.

I actually think this series will be tough for the Lakers.

I mean, I dont see any blowout games but a very competitive ones.

That's why I think the Lakers will win in 5. Kobe is the best closer in the planet and he also has another clutch shooter by his side; Derek Fisher.

I think Yao will have an average series, Artest sub-par, but a great series from Battier, Scola, and Aaron Brooks.

Rockets are the 2nd best team in my opinion and best matched for the Lakers team.

They have inside threat in Yao and a quick PG in Brooks. Lakers tend to have bad matchups against quick PGs and Brooks is very quick.

But again, it never mattered how well they play, its up to the Lakers to show their intensity in close games and Kobe and Phil Jackson will make sure they meet their needs.

Oh Gosh, Lakers are rusty.

Hopefully as they get warmed up, they will knock down some shots.

kobe is a dirty player... you see all the elbows he put on battier early? cheap shots... if the rockets were smart, they'd get in his head mentually. make him get selffish and thats when lakers lose.
    Last edited by tingyangs6; 05-05-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast