Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Time to invade Pakistan?

What do you think should we go in and prevent Militants from getting their hands on Pakistan Nukes? Or should we let them get them and then do something about it

SCF Rewards
    Country

well as past history shows we never wait for anything to happen if we know it's going to happen. So my best guess is that we will go in and fight another battle that we can't afford!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I'm not for invading Pakistan (yet), but can we afford the Taliban getting nukes? Right now we can't afford anything...we can't afford the health care plan Obama is promoting, we can't afford the "war on global warming" his administration is clamouring for, we can't afford the massive bailouts the government is providing, we can't afford the ridiculous budget that was just approved...preventing a terrorist sponsor from getting nukes ranks higher on my list of importance than any of these...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Agreed OPT .... maybe we should cut out the "Global Warming" crapola and spend on war. I mean if anyone get's ahold of Nukes and uses them ... Global Warming will be an after thought.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

Keep in mind it isn't just a matter of throwing money at the problem. I'm not well read on the issue but I believe the US military is stretched pretty thin right now

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Keep in mind it isn't just a matter of throwing money at the problem. I'm not well read on the issue but I believe the US military is stretched pretty thin right now

That's true...but with the withdrawing from Iraq in the next year or so, it will be less so. Plus, it would basically be the same theater as the military assets we currently have in Afghanistan...it wouldn't be like a whole new force, just adding to and repositioning the assets already there.

Again, I don't think we should involve the military now and hopefully it won't get to the point we have to, but if it does, I think this situation is much more important than a lot of the "issues" money is currently being spent on or is planned to be spent on. An aggressive terrorist organization getting nuclear weapons is basically one of the worst case scenarios.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thing is Obama wont scrape other money spending plans to protect the country/world.

Thats where we need McCain

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thing is Obama wont scrape other money spending plans to protect the country/world.

Thats where we need McCain

There's no proof in the pudding that McCain would have either. But it's all a moot point now anyway because Obama is prez.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I'm a lot more worried about the Taliban getting nukes than North Korea or Iran. I KNOW if they have them they WILL use them, and on the United States. But I wouldnt rush in there just yet. As OPT said, we already overspent on a bunch of other stuff. Even though our safety is much more important, we cant afford it. Plus I highly doubt Obama uses any kind of military force, he saw what happened to Bush.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Senators introduce legislation tripling aid to Pakistan

As Pakistani forces continue to battle an advancing Taliban, the leading senators on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee introduced legislation Monday tripling aid to the country.

The Enhanced Partnership with Pakistan Act of 2009, introduced by Senators John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, and Dick Lugar, R-Indiana, authorizes $7.5 billion in non-military aid to Pakistan over the next five years to foster economic growth and development, and another $7.5 billion for the following five years.

The $1.5 billion per year would triple U.S. non-military aid levels, currently at $500 million per year. In the past, U.S. military aid has surpassed economic and other assistance. The legislation also would separate military from non-military aid, promising that economic aid "is no longer the poor cousin to military aid."

We're already sending them a lot of money...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast