Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

Toronto Expo - my visit, thoughts, and what did I purchase...

On Friday 4PM, we decided to make the trip to Toronto for the Expo. So, everybody in the van around 6PM, we go to Toronto and sleep at the hotel. We arrived at 1AM. The good news is we had ZERO traffic on the highway 401 in the Toronto area during the night!

Here is a picture of us on saturday morning in front of the hotel. Of course, I am behind the camera!

After a breakfast at a Tim Horton, a little visit to a ToysRus (what could we do until 10AM???, the kids were up at 7AM!), then we went to the Expo.

A beautiful day, a small lineup as usual around 10:30AM but nothing huge. Inside, the crowd was ok. A way better cards show than any in Montreal, but going to few spring editions since 2001, this year the Toronto Expo was passable. The economy isn't strong in the hobby. Many dealers told me it is now very difficult to sell an expensive card ($1000+ in cash), so in my position I noticed it was difficult to trade/sell high-end cards such as my Ken Dryden ITG Superlative Enshrined Cut 1/1, or Eric Staal UD Ultimate NHL Shields Auto 1/1. Dealers "buying" were looking for vintage cards, old stuff. I checked at the show for the Roy and Brodeur 1/1 cards, but nothing catched my eyes. No Shields of Roy or Brodeur in the dealers showcases. The only card that catched my eyes was a card of Carey Price... yes the goalie that played like Jim Carey in the second half of the season and who was on the party for a good part of the season with few teammates! Here is the card:

I was surprised that nobody purchased it before I went to the show (afterall I supposed this card was there on all Friday at the Expo). It is a full NHL logo shield, game-used, hard signed and nice signature, great condition, great card design. The card looks really great. I really think the card was unsold due to the economic situation. Well 2-3 years ago I got a Carey Price CHL Logo 1/1 at the Toronto Spring Expo... afterall maybe Carey Price is not a seller in Toronto! Anyway, if he can be back on track, I will be satisfied!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

very nice card. congrats and thanks for the nice read. hear the expo is only good if you collect the big names. had a friend there looking for brian boyles and didnt find a single one i needed

SCF Rewards
    Country

very nice card. congrats and thanks for the nice read. hear the expo is only good if you collect the big names. had a friend there looking for brian boyles and didnt find a single one i needed

I never found a card on my wantlist at the Toronto Expo (well I collect 1/1 cards so it is a bit understandable). There are so many cards produced. Now I go there without specific needs and I check showcases, it is the only way to not be disappointed.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well that's a great little pickup from the big show. Very, very nice card - correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's Carey's first actual game-used shield, right? He's had previous shields but they were all 07-08 so they would have been photoshoot jerseys.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well that's a great little pickup from the big show. Very, very nice card - correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's Carey's first actual game-used shield, right? He's had previous shields but they were all 07-08 so they would have been photoshoot jerseys.

I think you are right. Good chance it is a game-used shield from his rookie year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stlbluesfan87's Items on eBay

It is not a shield from his rookie year. UD didn't get ahold ofb any of his rookie shirts. This is a well documented fact in the game worn jersey hobby. Its from one of his first 10 games thias season. UDs contract has stipulations on how quickly it gets jerseys each season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

nice card,I was at the expo on the saturday, got there at 1pm did not see the card,would have pick it up, would have look good with this one...

congrats, its a beauty
    Guy

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree Guy, it would have make a great duo with your card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is not a shield from his rookie year. UD didn't get ahold ofb any of his rookie shirts. This is a well documented fact in the game worn jersey hobby. Its from one of his first 10 games thias season. UDs contract has stipulations on how quickly it gets jerseys each season.

I am curious, but is the information available online somewhere (any link)? Curious to see which specific game-used jerseys could have UD (outside Carey Price).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deankal's Items on eBay

nice card,I was at the expo on the saturday, got there at 1pm did not see the card,would have pick it up, would have look good with this one...

congrats, its a beauty
    Guy

Great card.....Just think what you could of got for that card in the height of the Carey Price era!!! WOWZERS!!!!
    I hope he has a bit of a turn around next year....it might be kinda tough though as I think they're going to dismantle alot of the team. They have a ton of free agents to sign in the off season as well!! Should be an intersting year nonetheless for all Habs fans.....

Oh yeah, those 2 cards side by side in the same pc would be a magnificent sight!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast