Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I miss NBC

I miss NBC

I was watching a few clips today on youtube. And I'm watching all these calls made by Alan Bestwick, and even Bill Weber (not a big fan). Do you guys miss NBC as much as I do? I have a big thing on good announcer's. No offense to ESPN... but the coverage is horrible. The way Dr. Jerry Punch calls a race... not good. For example these two calls. The first one is 2003 Talladega, Sadler's flip (Just watch the first 25 seconds of the call). Second one is 2007 Kyle Busch's flip at "Dega.

How about Bestwick's call of the 2004 Daytona 500

Or Bill Weber's call of the 2005 Brickyard 400

Or this intro (lst minute of it)

Always gives me goosebumps... maybe I am too much of a NASCAR fan, but these guys make the race exciting by their voices... ESPN.. bland. Opinions?

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Videos arent showing up. Go back to them and copy/paste the url only..not the embed code...they should work then.

Ashley

Fox is 1,000,000 times worse. I can't stand having to listen to Larry McReynolds mispronounce everyones name (Jamie 'Mac-mary', Juan Pablo 'MUNtoya', etc. etc.) and Darrell Waltrip kiss Kyle Busch's @$$ every three seconds. So annoying.

I can't wait for ESPN coverage to come around, because as much as I don't like them, they're way better than FOX.

TNT's 6 races are the only announcing I can tolerate.

I love Mike joy though, I have a big thing on Play-by-Play, Bestwick and Joy.. amazing at it IMO. I miss BP BTW..

The following is my opinion and is not intended to offend anyone

Mike Joy - love this guy

Larry McReynolds - I live in Alabama I understand him perfectly lol

Jaws - I am constantly disgusted by him

Hammond - is ok

Bestwick - I like him

Dallenbach - hideous

Weber - hideous

BP - sorry but was as bad as Jaws to me

the ESPN crew

I am constantly disappointed by all of em except Brad Daugherty

Quote Originally Posted by StillBig20Fan View Post
    The following is my opinion and is not intended to offend anyone

Mike Joy - love this guy

Larry McReynolds - I live in Alabama I understand him perfectly lol

Jaws - I am constantly disgusted by him

Hammond - is ok

Bestwick - I like him

Dallenbach - hideous

Weber - hideous

BP - sorry but was as bad as Jaws to me

the ESPN crew

I am constantly disappointed by all of em except Brad Daugherty
    I pretty much agree to this exactly haha-except I like Wally-i think hes funny but Weber kills TNT for me haha.

Weber kills TNT for me too, but his call of the 2005 Brickyard 400 will always be my top 5.

My opinions:
    Nascar Between Commercials...
    All Bout Commercials...
    Commercials Before Service...
    Commercials are First On Fox...

I dont watch commercials even if Jeff is in them !! & i listen to the stereo while watching races so the announcers dont matter

The Tyrant ranting...
    Howdy, I mainly coll. Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, Danica & Walter Payton, Peace from Jupiter !!

If you're going to bring up ebay, dont bother responding

I collect cards with a US flag on them or US flag themed, Santa cards, cards in my PC of drivers & players that I don't collect will have a flag somewhere on it

My Space Coll., Spiderman & Wolverines, & My Creations can be seen here: Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by nadeau01_johnson48 View Post
    Fox is 1,000,000 times worse. I can't stand having to listen to Larry McReynolds mispronounce everyones name (Jamie 'Mac-mary', Juan Pablo 'MUNtoya', etc. etc.) and Darrell Waltrip kiss Kyle Busch's @$$ every three seconds. So annoying.

I can't wait for ESPN coverage to come around, because as much as I don't like them, they're way better than FOX.

TNT's 6 races are the only announcing I can tolerate.
    I would have sworn DW would have divorced Stevie by now & married Kyle...
    Howdy, I mainly coll. Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, Danica & Walter Payton, Peace from Jupiter !!

If you're going to bring up ebay, dont bother responding

I collect cards with a US flag on them or US flag themed, Santa cards, cards in my PC of drivers & players that I don't collect will have a flag somewhere on it

My Space Coll., Spiderman & Wolverines, & My Creations can be seen here: Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast