Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Topps Signature Prices

Topps Signature Prices

Just curious if anyone has seen the BV's that Beckett has placed on this product? Im curious if anyone knows how many case were produced?

I guess the odds of getting an "A" Auto #'d to 2400 is pretty high? I get confused by thinking about effects of the stated print run to their pricing...

Expect prices on these autos to be lower due to a higher print run. Some of the autos offered in this set have a print run of over 6,000.... which ironically is higher than the print run on the base cards...go figure /shrug This set is basically seen as Topps' way of dumping all of their in stock autos since starting with the next season they won't be able to make licensed NBA card sets anymore.

There was an "A" auto per box...which is going to kill the prices of autos of guys like Dwight and Pierce, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by mattyj View Post
    There was an "A" auto per box...which is going to kill the prices of autos of guys like Dwight and Pierce, etc...

Yeah i would have thought so BUT if you look at the current Beckett pricing its actually priced ALOT higher than I would have imagined... The D12 BV30 for an auto #'d to 2499???

I was trying(and i repeat trying) to figure out the pricing based on how many cases were produced, I figured roughly 1050 cases... with 101,000+ total autos... ehh... i give up... beckett stinks!!!

Im confusing myself...

I guess what Im trying to say is that I look at a CP3 Auto, for instance, that has a stated print run of 50 and it books for $30/40... and the Topps Sig. Auto that has a stated print run of /649 and it also books for $40. I just dont see the logic, and i guess i never will...

No logic for Beckett. they just record the sold prices of cards.... in the past....

(don't know they take the average or the highest pirce.... but nothing about logic)

if the CP3 auto /649 was sold for $40.... then the BV will be around $40.... etc...

hey, look at it like this.. atleast this stuff is pretty rare........

LOL

I don't think Beckett pays attention to supply and demand much. They pretty much almost never list an auto with a BV lower than $10, and it is almost like they rate the value of the other auto's based on the common one's. CP3 worth 4 times more, etc.
    Last edited by grapesodarocks; 05-07-2009 at 06:34 PM.

post deleted...I did not read the original post correctly.
    Last edited by threepointplay; 05-07-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast